Why do people put trash in other peoples truck bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dlayman
No, you said "THE", thus lumping them into one all-inclusive group that all behave the same way. The implication of your post was clear, changing it now to "many" after the fact doesn't fix it.

Oh, so you're one of those whereas if a person doesn't clarify by saying "some, but not all" then you take it to mean everyone...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: andrewg
I had a few friends that were dirt-poor, but they were clean, kind, and decent people.

Now days the dirt poor people are a narcissistic bunch...rude, inconsiderate, and even outright belligerent...they are nothing like the poor of the old days...I still remember when poor people would give you the shirt off their backs...now days they're just scum...

That is a gross over-generalization and over-simplification. People that behave that way can be found in all economic classes as can people who behave in a polite, considerate and generous way. And many times people treat you how you treat them.

Bingo!
cheers3.gif

No, you said "THE", thus lumping them into one all-inclusive group that all behave the same way. The implication of your post was clear, changing it now to "many" after the fact doesn't fix it.

Oh, so you're one of those whereas if a person doesn't clarify by saying "some, but not all" then you take it to mean everyone...

No I took it mean what you wrote. Does that make me "one of those"? I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

We'll be reading about a passive-aggressive dog owner that was killed by a psychopath, while said dog was pooping on said psychopaths lawn.

Isn't it obvious that I wouldn't do these things UNLESS I could handle / protect myself/
How stupid are some members here?
Saying I'm passive makes you ignorant.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: totegoat

What is your plan when you cross a real psychopath?

I have one right next door to me.

Perfect
43.gif

Yep...basically it's the middle-class without proper upbringing. When I was a young fella, even the lower-class, poor people had better manners and upbringing than the middle-class do today. I had a few friends that were dirt-poor, but they were clean, kind, and decent people.

It's a different world today. We seem to care very little about being good to each other. We almost celebrate being a jerk as a badge of honor.

Sad times.

I don't know about middle class, but manners in general have gone downhill. I've held the door open for a lady, only to have her husband walk through first!
At ball games they have to announce for men to remove their hats for the National Anthem.

Men sit at tables eating with hats on! Even the older 50+ are doing that. The only ones in my book that have earned that right are the veterans, but they are usually the ones that take their hat off at the table.

A lot of men don't get up on a bus or subway and offer the seat to a lady.

I taught my son all these things, but manners are a dying habit.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: 02SE

We'll be reading about a passive-aggressive dog owner that was killed by a psychopath, while said dog was pooping on said psychopaths lawn.

Isn't it obvious that I wouldn't do these things UNLESS I could handle / protect myself/
How stupid are some members here?
Saying I'm passive makes you ignorant.

Someone is definitely ignorant..

No I took it mean what you wrote. Does that make me "one of those"? I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

I am too...you don't have an argument, so you're trying to claim that I said, or meant "all" so you can then also claim what I said isn't true, even though it is...sorry that tactic doesn't work with me...my daughter tries this all the time and it doesn't work for her either...

I am too...you don't have an argument, so you're trying to claim that I said, or meant "all" so you can then also claim what I said isn't true, even though it is...sorry that tactic doesn't work with me...my daughter tries this all the time and it doesn't work for her either...

Umm, OK. So you've had this communication issue with others as well, with your daughter "all" the time. What would be the common denominator here? I'm not surprised you find many people (especially those you feel are beneath you economically) rude or narcissistic. Most people respond in a way similar to how you treat them.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

Yep...basically it's the middle-class without proper upbringing. When I was a young fella, even the lower-class, poor people had better manners and upbringing than the middle-class do today. I had a few friends that were dirt-poor, but they were clean, kind, and decent people.

It's a different world today. We seem to care very little about being good to each other. We almost celebrate being a jerk as a badge of honor.

Sad times.

I don't know about middle class, but manners in general have gone downhill. I've held the door open for a lady, only to have her husband walk through first!
At ball games they have to announce for men to remove their hats for the National Anthem.

Men sit at tables eating with hats on! Even the older 50+ are doing that. The only ones in my book that have earned that right are the veterans, but they are usually the ones that take their hat off at the table.

I definitely agree with you both. It's like,acting like trash is "hip" now or something.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Sad times.

I definitely agree with you both. It's like,acting like trash is "hip" now or something.

It all started when the "Bring it On" way of thinking took over.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Sad times.

If you go to Church, ever notice how folks dress then?

Throwing garbage into someone's pickup truck is utterly, downright evil.

Don't you have any BMW or Porsche convertibles with the tops down around there? Piling that McDonald's trash into those will get you into heaven!

Quote:

It is very convenient. What to do with a passenger floor covered with empty coffee cups and subway wrappers....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jcwit

If you go to Church, ever notice how folks dress then?

I've seen people show up to church and even funerals in shorts and t-shirts. My son recently got married, if anyone had shown up at the wedding in shorts, they would have been told to leave.

Last edited:

It all started when the "Bring it On" way of thinking took over.

I have no idea what that means.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

I don't ever put them back in the box. lol

So let's see if I understand. You complain about people doing something as lazy and classless as putting trash in someone else's pickup, but by your own admission you do something as lazy and classless as leaving your shopping cart out in the parking lot and seem to think it's funny? Does that sound about right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back