DELO 5W40 Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks in advance, I am currently running Delo 400LE 15W40 after much research I feel it is a good fit but trying to find info on Delo 5W40 Synthetic didn't find much.....Does anyone have any info to share? Thanks

In FLA you don't wouldn't need the 5w part. Chevron products are excellent.

There are many videos from Petro-Canada and Esso promoting the advantage of synthetics in cold environments.
The Chevron video showed that there is no advantage using 5w40 in applications where 15w40 will do.
Oil companies make their money when you pull up to the pumps.

Who then is driving the synthetic label? OEMs require a lubricant to meet a specification, not a formula.
That leaves the retail market, who likely pay for the "as seen on TV" infomercials.

I run Delo 10w30 in my EFILive tuned 2007 Classic LBZ. Temps here is SW Idaho have been 100+ this week without any issues towing 9k pound TT in the mountains.

Last edited:
I put a 1,000 HP NOS & LPG kit on my LML, pull a 10k lb. trailer up 12% grades at 100 mph, with the truck loaded to GVW and run 0W20 TGMO.

Last edited:
I run T6 5w-40, but I live in Montana so cold start flow is a big deal. If I lived in FL, I wouldn't consider anything more than Rotella T 15w-40 year round.

I'd just stay with what you are doing if it was me.

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
I put a 1,000 HP NOS & LPG kit on my LML, pull a 10k lb. trailer up 12% grades at 100 mph, with the truck loaded to GVW and run 0W20 TGMO.
Me too !

Originally Posted By: jongies3
I run T6 5w-40, but I live in Montana so cold start flow is a big deal. If I lived in FL, I wouldn't consider anything more than Rotella T 15w-40 year round.

I'd just stay with what you are doing if it was me.
+1 5W is for freezing temp starting.

Originally Posted By: userfriendly

Uh, huh ...
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back