Specialty store find! S2000 track day application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some of the interesting selections I found at a local specialty parts store.

I have a track/lapping day coming up with my S2000 (F20C).
I'm curious to try one of these. Which would be your pick in my application?

Liqui-Moly Top Tec
2rf8nzr.jpg

Liqui-Moly Synthoil Premium
o9e3br.jpg

Motul 8100 X-Clean
10p0xon.jpg

Agip Sint 2000
mcrzg1.jpg

Agip 7004
2rqiolg.jpg

Total Quartz Energy 9000
2pzgv0j.jpg

Total Quartz INEO MC3
10r96xs.jpg

ENI i-Sint MS
ratf8k.jpg

ENI i-Sint 4AM (Semi-Synth)
157ggo6.jpg

Pennzoil Ultra Euro L
161caiq.jpg

Royal Purple
oan2vb.jpg

Amsoil European Forumula
2nss8y8.jpg

Amsoil Signature Series
6sexrc.jpg

I run M1 0W-40 in my AP1. I suspect just about any of those would work fine for you.

Of what you have listed, I'd probably run either the LiquiMoly, Total, or AMSOIL 5W-40 oils.

robert

I'd probably go with the Pennzoil out of that bunch. I'm sure most of them would hold up though.

Total Quartz, 0W30 is mostly PAO but the bootle looks old. Good oil, a thick 30. My pick!
Liqui Moly Synthoil maybe...

Don't like Motul much, Eni oils look ordinary, Agip synth 2000 was recommended for Italian sportscar in the 80's if I remember correctly. Other brands I can't judge.

Yup, go with xW40 if your on the track for more time than a auto-cross. I like 0/40 or 5/40 in my '06 S, but I've ran 15/40 with very good UOA's. I'm in a lot hotter place than you(106F today)so I like to run a little thicker oil than what the book calls for. If you drive it in the winter a 0/40 would be good for year round use, if just in the summer and the temp is over 10f I would try a 15/40.

My '06 has a 8500 rpm fuel cut off and I do hit it when I'm out having fun on the track(sometimes on the road to).

ROD

I'm kind of surprised at the number of folks that are pro Royal Purple. Not that I think it's a bad oil.

robert

Originally Posted By: robertcope
I'm kind of surprised at the number of folks that are pro Royal Purple. Not that I think it's a bad oil.

robert

The version of RP he showed is the old Synerlec formula which was an excellent oil. I know absolutely nothing about the current non-Synerlec SN rated stuff.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: robertcope

robert

The version of RP he showed is the old Synerlec formula which was an excellent oil. I know absolutely nothing about the current non-Synerlec SN rated stuff.

The new RP 5w40 SN rated has Synerlec too as its a Euro oil and no restrictions of ZDDP by API.

oh, forgot to add, the total quartz 9000 energy 0w30 is the same oil as the Elf Excellium full-tech 0w-30

there are some very glowing user reports about this oil on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back