Walmart Batteries East Penn Built

Well...we all want to know. What did you find out regarding Wal Mart battery specs. vs. East Penn Deka? Is there a free lunch after all?

Originally Posted By: quint
Just bought a Walmart battery yesterday for the wife's Mazda3. Everstart Maxx, clearly says Johnson Controls right on the sticker. Has a 07/16 build sticker.

Any photos?

Originally Posted By: artbuc
About 5 years ago, Sears began sourcing Diehard from EP instead of JCI, at least in my region. However, I can get the same Deka battery cheaper than the Diehard branded battery. .

I understand East Penn sell batteries with a big discount at their factory In PA, in you're ever in that neck of the woods.

That would be true. I have hauled a lot of EP / Deka batteries from the plants and they have signs there letting drivers know of their "factory outlet" kind of store at the plant if driver needs new batteries. Discounts pretty good.

Originally Posted By: Rock_Hudstone
Originally Posted By: artbuc
About 5 years ago, Sears began sourcing Diehard from EP instead of JCI, at least in my region. However, I can get the same Deka battery cheaper than the Diehard branded battery. .

I understand East Penn sell batteries with a big discount at their factory In PA, in you're ever in that neck of the woods.

Shipping is definitely the majority of the cost in your battery.

Back