Wagner OEX Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have experience with the newer Wagner OEX pads? I read that they are GG rated but not certain. The stock front rotors on my 2013 F-150 are terribly grooved from the stock pads at just over 36k miles, and I'm looking for a replacement. I've gone with Hawk LTS in the past, but I'm looking for something different and perhaps a bit less pricey. Thanks for the help!

I think someone else on here has them, and they should be good. Wagner's pads are usually of good quality.

The friction rating may vary by application. Some but not all may be GG. Sometimes you can see the rating on the stock images of the pad for your part numbers.

I have the Wagner Thermoquiet (NOT the OEX) pads on my '11 F150. I know you are looking for info on the OEX but perhaps its useful to hear about the rest of their line.

I have nothing but great things to say about them. Maybe around 15k miles so far? Great stopping power! Haven't found any fade yet, but I don't tow through mountains so to speak. Feels about the same on a 95 degree scorcher as they do at 5 degrees in a blizzard. Only noise I'll get is under light pedal when they are cold (such as pulling out the driveway). very little dust, and what they do eventually show washes off easily with the car shampoo at the end of a truck wash. They were GG rated for my application.

When I pulled my OE brakes at 60-65k miles it was because of a returning steering wheel vibration with braking. There was lots of life left. In fact I could have turned the rotors one more time but why? Anyways so far the braking has been smooth with the Wagner TQ's and "Frontline" rotors from AdvanceAuto. But I should hope so at this point in their life.

Thanks for the helpful replies! I rarely tow with my truck, so I think I'll be fine with ceramic pads. Those Frontline rotors look really nice, but they're fairly costly at about $115 each. I'm thinking about going with AC Delco professional or Raybestos advanced technology rotors (both coated), which look ok and can be had for about $70 each.

I'm running the GG-rated Raybestos EHT pads on my truck - and I LOVE them. I pulled a 6x12 U-Haul trailer for a week last month, and even loaded down the truck stopped quickly with no fade.

The OEX pads are interesting - although I have no experience with them, I did use Wagner Thermoquiets on this truck many years ago, and I absolutely hated them. Noisy pads, squealed every day.

I think you'd be happy with the AC Delco professional or Raybestos Advanced (coated) rotors. I just installed AC Delco professional rotors on the rear of my truck (I'm 99% sure these are made by Raybestos in my application) and the fit/finish and overall quality of these rotors was bar none the best I've seen, ever. Even better than the StopTech slotted rotors I installed on the fronts (which were quite good, but not perfect). The Delco rotors even came in sealed bags, which were supposedly filled with a VCI (vapor-phase corrosion inhibitor) to prevent rusting.

I can't say enough good things about my recent experience with Raybestos' premium products. I don't see myself going back to cheap house brand junk anytime soon.

Thanks for the help guys!

I decided to go with Raybestos Advanced Technology rotors and the Wagner OEX pads, so I'll keep you posted on the outcome. Ended up finding a pretty smoking deal on Ebay for the rotors ($58/ea) and the pads weren't too bad either ($43). OEM is often my answer to brake parts, but due to the way the stock components performed, I think I'll be better off going this route. I also bought a tube of XG-3-A Motorcraft silicone brake grease to use on the job.

Got my Raybestos Advanced Technology rotors and Wagner OEx pads in. Now I just need to get the time to install them!

17BC6068-74F0-49BE-B21E-CB1A0F0E00D5_zpscl5tfwwi.jpg

BAE03AFD-52AD-498A-A8CA-9D5573A745B5_zps9wjenlyp.jpg

Can you post a picture of the OEX pads when they are placed on top of the rotor?

On another forum that I am on, one person installed a set of these pads and the "strange" shape of the friction caused a significant portion of the rotor to be unswept...so there was a significant rust ring. The rotor simply looked awful.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Can you post a picture of the OEX pads when they are placed on top of the rotor?

On another forum that I am on, one person installed a set of these pads and the "strange" shape of the friction caused a significant portion of the rotor to be unswept...so there was a significant rust ring. The rotor simply looked awful.

I bet he was not careful and put the wrong pad on the inside.

I have had the OEX on for 5-6k. Love them.
Very low dust.
Very grippy.
Probably a little aggressive...which can be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back