My Faith Has Been Restored

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came out to the parking lot and I saw a note under my windshield wiper. It told how a person had accidentally backed into my car
causing some damage to the bumper. They left their name, phone number and insurance company. I looked at the damage and it was just
a few scrapes and my car is a few years old. I called them up and told them the damage was very minor. I said "for being so honest
and the damage was so minor that I would just forget the whole thing." There are still some honest people out there!

I would have had them arrested for fleeing the scene of an accident. The rule of law is more important than anything else.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
I would have had them arrested for fleeing the scene of an accident. The rule of law is more important than anything else.

Depends on the state you live in. If you cannot find the owner after making a reasonable attempt and leave a detailed note you can be in the clear. In some states you must also report it to the police if you cannot find the owner.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2015/04/is-it-hit-and-run-if-you-leave-a-note.html

same thing happened to us a few weeks ago. Our car was repaired under the insurance co of the woman who hit us. Everything turened out great.

Most Police don't go to parking lot incidents.

Good on you!

Originally Posted By: bobbob
I came out to the parking lot and I saw a note under my windshield wiper. It told how a person had accidentally backed into my car
causing some damage to the bumper. They left their name, phone number and insurance company. I looked at the damage and it was just
a few scrapes and my car is a few years old. I called them up and told them the damage was very minor. I said "for being so honest
and the damage was so minor that I would just forget the whole thing." There are still some honest people out there!

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

lol yes they do. they can even give you parking tickets in private parking lots.

Actually, no, they frequently do not. My stepfather was hit in a parking lot last year...the police refused to even show up.

Jaraxle: Would you please tell me what state you're in.

I just want to know where the police will not go into parking lots for this kind of incident. (I have friends in 4 New England states).

In a different vein (moving violation) a drunk lady hit my friend and 3 parked cars in a Paramus, NJ parking lot and the police sure did show up.
That my friend didn't see the police arrest her for drunk driving bugged him to no end.
Must've been the Commissioner's girlfriend.

You've got to be joking.

Police won't go to a private property accident in Central CA. I've had a few experiences over the years. Even crazier is that I was rear ended on the freeway off ramp and no one would respond. City cops said call CHP and CHP said call city cops.

It depends on what state your are in whether or not the law comes to parking lot accidents. In NC they will come to parking lots, or at least they have in the past. Not been in a fender bender parking lot accident lately.

I was in Alabama, and saw a big rig hit another big rig while it was parked. The driver of the hit truck woke up, and asked me if I saw what happened, and I said yes. He called the law, and they said they do not come out unless there is an injury which there was not in this case. Just had to exchange insurance information, and that was it.

No not here. I actually brought that up to an officer.
In my area MD and DE they wont come to a parking lot to write up an accident report. But they will come in and give parking tickets- fire lane tickets- handicapped violations, and whatever else. When I asked why- had no idea.........
Was going to ticket me for waiting for someone- but after that question she said move on.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

lol yes they do. they can even give you parking tickets in private parking lots.

I would have had them executed instead.

I once smashed the entire rear quarter panel of a Buick with my 99 Chevy Suburban while backing into a parking spot. The parking lot was jam packed so I left one of my business cards (sales) with a note on the back on the guys windshield wiper and went into the gym. So about 30 minutes later the guy comes out and sees the card on his window and picks it up...looks at the front of it...tears it in half and throws it on the ground shaking his head. He NEVER looked on the back of the card....gets in his car and speeds away...
shocked2.gif
I am watching him from the 2nd story windows 100 yards away.

So, I figured....what the heck...case closed.
21.gif
got home and buffed the green paint off my chrome bumper...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Silverado12

I would have had them executed instead.

I would leave my business card.....
lol.gif

In MD the state police won't even show up to a home invasion.
They are on my road all night running speed traps and looking for drunks.
I was involved in one and had to wait over 1 hr for them to show as only the Sheriff was
allowed to respond. By myself sitting on top the suspect with no help I threw him out of the house
after 45 minutes. He was wired out and when I threw him down the stairs he threatened to sue me.

The police later threatened me as well not to retaliate and spent most of the time investigating me.

The best part was my house was a bloody mess.
He had a gun and he waited for me to pass my bathroom and a car went by and the light shined on him and
it made me mad. So I went in and grabbed him in his throat. He was a bit taller than me- around 6'5" or so
and while I had him by the throat he started hitting me with his pistol. I never felt it but it did feel like
somebody threw a pail of water on me. Of course it was blood but I threw him into the Kitchen
and then the living room and sat on his back.

The next day I called my home owners insurance ( Erie)
And told them about the damages.
They asked me if he was an invited guest.
I said NO!
They said, well we can't cover for uninvited guests....... really! true story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back