Paul Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll play the devils advocate. I never cared for Garfunkel's style of singing, his voice was not strong enough for my tastes and only really worked in the higher octaves. I preferred Simon's solo versions of some of their songs that he sang right after they split.

But that is just me and my taste in music.

Simon was embarrassing to listen to. The entire DNC has been a joke really. It's so disorganized and second-rate / 2nd fiddle, in comparison to the RNC last week.

Signed
a Democrat

Last edited:
I've watched the RNC and now am watching the DNC. The DNC looks more like a bad comedy skit. I mean come on,when Moo-shell came out on the stage the other night they had repulsive hip hop music playing and she's walking out all dancing and looking like a complete fool. I guess she thought she was on BET instead of representing the country. How embarrassing.

Yes, Trump representing the country certainly wouldn't be embarrassing
confused.gif
I knew as soon as Paul Simon as brought up where this thread was headed. Its gonna get locked anyway, so I might as well get an opposing viewpoint represented (and without the childish name-calling or death wishes).

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I've watched the RNC and now am watching the DNC. The DNC looks more like a bad comedy skit. I mean come on,when Moo-shell came out on the stage the other night they had repulsive hip hop music playing and she's walking out all dancing and looking like a complete fool. I guess she thought she was on BET instead of representing the country. How embarrassing.

Oh, for sure! The RNC producers aping the WWE was genius. And Scott Baio was a much better choice than someone freeloading in the White House. No taxes wasted on getting Scott to the venue. Just a Greyhound ticket and a trip through the buffet. Reminds me of someone... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr2PlqXw03Y

Originally Posted By: dlayman
confused.gif

Not as embarrassing as the criminal Hillary running it...

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Who can we go after next? Bruce Springsteen perhaps?

Well now that you mention it, Born in the USA was pretty anti America.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi
confused.gif

I'm not sure that either of them are immune to eventually being labelled as such. But, keep in mind, legitimately neither of us can actually apply that term to either candidate at this point. There are no charges against either one, but there could be against both at some future point. Still innocent until proven guilty in the USA. But man, what a choice. Each of them is facing probably the only candidate from the other party that they could defeat.

Last edited:
confused.gif

I'm not sure that either of them are immune to eventually being labelled as such. But, keep in mind, legitimately neither of us can actually apply that term to either candidate at this point. There are no charges against either one, but there could be against both at some future point. Still innocent until proven guilty in the USA. But man, what a choice. Each of them is facing probably the only candidate from the other party that they could defeat.

Hillary was proven guilty, they just aren't going to charge her...

confused.gif

Hillary was proven guilty, they just aren't going to charge her...

How can she be proven guilty, when there were no charges even filed. I'm not defending her actions or or oversights and I understand your point, but legally "criminal" and "guilty" just can't be applied to either candidate - at this point. And Trump encouraging Russia to hack and release private US communications and release them is pretty shaky ground too. I find that pretty embarrassing behavior for a presidential candidate.

We both should back off here. This is SO far over the line of "no politics" we're blatantly defying the rules of the forum. I apologize for my role in that, although not for my opinion.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Who can we go after next? Bruce Springsteen perhaps?

Well now that you mention it, Born in the USA was pretty anti America.

Born in the USA is anti-war, anti-job loss. So if you consider Uncle Sam an imperialist and capitalist then, yes, it's anti-USA.

Obviously you didn't hear Paul Simon sing at the convention. Bruce can still sing halfway decent. Simon can't hit any notes anymore. He had no business on that stage at the convention. He embarrassed his fans and himself.

So Simon didn't use auto-tune. Good for him. He can do what he wants and I'm sure he was thrilled to be there.

He's old. Old enough to have seen them take his Kodachrome away.
wink.gif

I just listened to it and think he sounded great! At 74 I think he looks great too! What I liked is it was totally him,no lip synch or fake computer enhancing [censored] like on 99% of live performances. Good job Paul,keep on rockin!!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I absolutely love Paul Simon,he's been one of my fave singers ever since I was a little kid.

When you were just a little boy,who do you think your fooling ?

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
There is a reason Art Garfunkel sang lead on that song.
27.gif

Art Garfunkel had the real voice. Back in the day they were amazing together, but Garfunkel had the better voice of the two. Age took its toll on the two of them, Paul Simon does look old and tired, older than he is.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Obviously you didn't hear Paul Simon sing at the convention. Bruce can still sing halfway decent. Simon can't hit any notes anymore. He had no business on that stage at the convention. He embarrassed his fans and himself.

You just don't notice that Bruce can't sing because he never could...

I have to say that Paul Simon is a genius, so is Paul McCartney.... but you just got to know when to call it over!!!

Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard, was a brilliant song, but many misunderstand what the song is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back