Supercharged Subaru BRZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed a Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger (Eaton TVS Rotating Assembly) on a 2014 Subaru BRZ for a customer yesterday, I don't really work on foreign cars....But it does say we install Supercharges on our website, So I took on the job, It was pretty easy. I was very surprised on how easy this car is to work on. Also impressed with the car in general.....The Blower made it haul the mail!

Two things that I don't care for......
The new Air Filter arrangement is terrible, There is NO possible way too service/change the element without removing the entire front fascia & remove the 4 Upper Core Support Bolts, The 2 Lower Support Brace Bolts & move the Core Support forward to access the filter. The customer was made aware of this.

This engine is Direct Injected & has Port Injectors aswell, Part of the Blower install requires removal of the Sound Deadening cover over the driver side Injectors, Man are they Loud!!!!

I didn't go & really wring it out (Customers Car)....But traction is limited in 1st gear, But pulls very well in 2nd, Needs some better Shoes on the rear for sure, I had the Traction Control off, Leaving it on would probably keep you out of trouble?

Thought I would share, I work on high horsepower V8 american muscle all the time & it was refreshing & fun to do this job & I got too use my 12mm & 14mm sockets & wrenches that never get used.....

Something the factory should have added a long time ago. No wonder they're going out of production. Hopefully, it was a manual.

Not sure how much it adds, Feels like a 100HP, That is about what most appropriately sized Eaton TVS Blowers add (I'm 500ft above sea level) I've seen TVS-2300's add 130HP on 5th gen Camaros with a custom tune.

It is a Manual car. I don't care for the few second high idle when coming too a stop or after "Blipping" the throttle, Other than that the Aisin 6-speed box felt good.

Looked into supercharging and even twincharging a BRZ once. They still make [censored] power for how much they should theoretically be able to. Would never own one for any reason. If it was free I'd sell it.

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
Not sure how much it adds, Feels like a 100HP, That is about what most appropriately sized Eaton TVS Blowers add (I'm 500ft above sea level) I've seen TVS-2300's add 130HP on 5th gen Camaros with a custom tune.

It is a Manual car. I don't care for the few second high idle when coming too a stop or after "Blipping" the throttle, Other than that the Aisin 6-speed box felt good.

Just looked it up. 77HP and 57lb-ft. With the blower it makes 242HP and 186lb-ft to the tires.

I'm not familiar with BRZ's, but I know the injectors on Legacies like mine are super noisy. People sometimes think there is something wrong with their cars from the ticking sounds at idle, but it's just the noisy injectors.

Great mod for a car that is a torque-free wimp under 4k rpm IMO. I would consider one with that mod, but would be very wary of engine life...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Great mod for a car that is a torque-free wimp under 4k rpm IMO. I would consider one with that mod, but would be very wary of engine life...

The engines don't seem to be made to take alot of boost with the high compression ratio. There's a youtube blog of some guys in Ontario here that really tried to make a turbo BRZ a track weapon, but it didn't work out. It ended up being marginally faster than a S2000 but with temp issues to deal with and some reliability problems. So he sold it and got a stock S2000.
I think if they bored it out a bit, it would be good for what it is, a very fun slow car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back