MC FL-820S, 7.6K miles, 2012 F-250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
The quality of these filters seems to have slipped in the past few years, but at one time they were the best bang for the buck and I scored quite a few at $2.30 each to the door at AAP. I stopped using them before I retired my 2010 FX4 and switched to FRAM Ultra XG2 filters for the security of the wire backing and the increased efficiency.

A few C&P of FL-820s filters from my 2010 FX4 5.4L:

Two MC FL-820s - One @ 6,480 Miles and One @ 8,285 Miles

MC FL-820s @ 7,480 Miles

MC FL-820s @ 10,020 Miles

MC FL-820s @ 15,372 Miles

Your FL-820S' from years back do look better than mine here. One main difference is you likely don't see much cold in your area of Texas. Cold starts may explain some of the slight waviness in mine, it was in service Sept. through Jan.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Branson304
Your FL-820S' from years back do look better than mine here. One main difference is you likely don't see much cold in your area of Texas. Cold starts may explain some of the slight waviness in mine, it was in service Sept. through Jan.
The weather may have had an effect, but I also had some cold starts in CO and WY in the winter but not for months on end as I was just visiting. The big issue for me is the gaps surrounding the pleat seam--that looks really bad and **could** be the catalyst for the media to tear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back