FRAM XG7317 Cut Open After Street and HPDE Use

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was in use on a 2011 Honda CR-Z for 4,289 miles on the street and 384 miles on the race track over the course of four months. I don't have any qualms about these filters.

The media has been dried for clearer pictures.
cQIFqlS.jpg

YEfe1ae.jpg

LSO3L4N.jpg

Low mileage of use for that filter ... could have ran it another OCI. Looks good as always.

That's a grade of A in filter cutting. Yes, keep them the same, don't change anything, just keep making them the way they are. The only thing I would like to see is a better box seal to prevent tampering, and maybe put a plastic over the base to keep dirt out.

I agree that it's a short run for the filter, but it was removed while draining the engine of fluids in preparation of removing the head to install a Bisimoto stage two camshaft along with Bisimoto valves and springs with titanium seats and retainers. We ran out of time to do head work, but were able to gasket match more intake components and install a Type One Racing test pipe and header before the track day this weekend. High flow catalytic converters will be welded in soon.

There's an unbelievable amount of stress on the car while on the track. I don't take chances remounting oil filters that have been removed, even if they are fairly new.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
That's a grade of A in filter cutting.

Thanks. Building an oil filter cutter was definitely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back