Weedeater air filter oil???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally fixed my old Homelite. It was indeed a cracked fuel line. The air filter is quite dirty so I cleaned it; it didn't seem to have oil in the filter but it is 15 years old, so do older style foam filters for Homelite weedeaters need oil in the filter like many lawn mower filters? Thanks!

I clean the foam filters in pre-mix. There is enough oil there that after the gas evaporates, they'll have a film that will last to the next cleaning
smile.gif

Of course I run a pretty stout pre-mix and 32:1 or 40:1 so there's plenty oil
laugh.gif

I clean them in water and a few drops of Dawn. Rinse well and when dry apply a few drops of SAE30 motor oil, squeeze to distribute and put it back in.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Throw it away and get an electric one.

Great idea! But I need a 1000 foot long extension cord? Maybe I can use my generator to run it?

Cordless electric. They make commercial quality electric. My fav is the Ego @ Home Depot. $199. They gave a special for an extra battery. By the time one battery is dead the other is charged. I have one at my shop and it's a big area. I have a kid the runs it non-stop 8 hrs a day once a week. I will never go back to gas. It's awesome. Plus if you don't like it Homedepot will let you return with within 90 days no questions asked.

**extra battery was free last month / return might be 30 days no questions asked. 30 or 90 but either way if you don't like it back it goes--nothing lost. I'm not a big extended warranty fan but it was cheap so I bought it. Within 3 years I walk in and get a new one if needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back