Your FINAL though on Quaker State oil line

Status
Not open for further replies.
QS Green Bottle ( Good oil, good every day oil for 5k or 6 month , can find under $14 every day at walmart )
QS High Miles Defy ( High ZDDP then other High miles oil I think, still 5k or 6 month OCI )
QS Ultimate Durability ( Solid 7-9k or 8-12 month OCI )
QS Synthetic Blend ( Never try )

What your ?

QSUD 5W30 is at or near the top of 540 Rat's oil test....if you believe his findings
27.gif

After lots of UOA results, all these QS oils are capable of longer OCIs as long as the engine doesn't have problems that contaminate the oil early.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I have a big stash of QSGB and QSUD. I use a blend of the two and I like the way it runs and cleans in my wife's M35. I use it for 4,000-4,500 mile changes.

you mix half half ?

Oil is oil. Just use the correct weight and specification per manufacturer. Brands really don't matter at all as long as proper spec is met.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I have a big stash of QSGB and QSUD. I use a blend of the two and I like the way it runs and cleans in my wife's M35. I use it for 4,000-4,500 mile changes.

you mix half half ?

40% QSUD, 60% green bottle. The car sometimes is in storage, so I pay no mind to time in the crankcase.

QSGB--Buy the Formula Shell because I think it's the same thing. It's cheaper too if you buy it from Home Depot. Home Depot puts Formula Shell on sale every now and then for $9.88 per five quarts.

QS Defy--The extra ZDDP is just B...S marketing since SOPUS changed it from SL to SN.

Never used the other two.

The only one I've tried is QSGB, but I really liked it. It's pretty inexpensive and it runs quiet. I like that.

I'm running Mobil Super HM right now, but I decided that I'll be running Defy for my next OCI and I think I'm really gonna like it.

Probably not going to be around much longer, at least no more than QSGB that is. I spoke to some Shell representavis that came by work awhile back and they claimed that Shell and SOPUS are going to be axing everything from the QS line except QSGB and then going over to Pennzoil and axing PYB and keeping the synthetics. So that way you will get exclusively synthetic oils and (likely) syn blends from Pennzoil, and then conventionals and (likely) conventional high mileage offerings from Quaker State.

I don't know how much truth there is to all this, but I guess we'll be finding out eventually. I personally haven't ran any QS products in my vehicles before so can't speak for their performance abilities.

QSGB: Used it in a small engine (snowblower). It worked OK and didn't have issue starting it in the cold.
Used 5w20 and 5w30 in a Hyundai Accent that has consumed oil for 30KKm. Highest consumption was when using QSGB. 1 Qt in 2200Km.

QSUD: Used 5w20 in said Hyundai Accent. Worked ok. I usually put what ever I have left on had (half bottles and such). Little consumption.
It's my next oil for my Hyundai Sonata with a GDI. Waiting to hear if there will be reduction is sound.

I have 2004 Hyundai sonata 2.7 l v6 has been run exclusively on QSGB for 275,000 miles and good labs from blackstone what more can you ask for

Originally Posted By: jongies3
Probably not going to be around much longer, at least no more than QSGB that is. I spoke to some Shell representavis that came by work awhile back and they claimed that Shell and SOPUS are going to be axing everything from the QS line except QSGB and then going over to Pennzoil and axing PYB and keeping the synthetics. So that way you will get exclusively synthetic oils and (likely) syn blends from Pennzoil, and then conventionals and (likely) conventional high mileage offerings from Quaker State.

I don't know how much truth there is to all this, but I guess we'll be finding out eventually. I personally haven't ran any QS products in my vehicles before so can't speak for their performance abilities.

That's hard to believe that SOPUS would axe the yellow bottle. But Coke changed their formula long time ago and lost, so anything can happen.

So what is the end game that SOPUS wants to do with the Quaker State State. Are they going to be like Exxon Mobil and get everything labeled Shell. Would not bother me I guess much easier to do with Quaker State than to convert the Pennzoil name brand to Shell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back