Be brave; let's talk about the 6F35!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone chime in what is the amount for a drain and refill?

My dipstick tip is broken and the one ordered from the dealer was way wrong using the vin#. Any luck on used ones btw?

thanks

Originally Posted By: Cuda70383
Can someone chime in what is the amount for a drain and refill?

My dipstick tip is broken and the one ordered from the dealer was way wrong using the vin#. Any luck on used ones btw?

thanks

When I owned my 2011 Chevy Cruze it had the GM 6 speed A/T (mentioned by the OP) that is related to this 6F35.
I kept reading how it was important to have the dealer do the D&R because the capacity needed to be exact or else???
I ended up draining it COLD (at 25K) and replacing the exact amount that came out (which was 4.25 quarts). I also added LG Red to get to the 4.25 qts. My Chevy's A/T ran perfectly after that D&R.

I now have a 2016 Escape with the 6F35 and I plan on doing the same thing at 25K and probably every 50K afterwards.

I'll probably use the Castrol full Synthetic ATF which has a Mercon LV approval (I bought several qts. at $4 each and several more at $2 each at last years AZ 'Clearance' (about 12 altogether).

PS: The Chevy's A/T sometimes acted weird before the D&R but the Ford's has been perfect in the 9K that I've had it.

Did my Cruze twice. On my ramps, 4 qts out, so 4 qts in. It was pretty dark at 40k - so did again at 60k.
Cheap and easy to do while changing oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back