Check your car after it's been worked on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
I'd just like to say this isn't one of those posts bashing shops etc. Just reminding everyone to check their car over right away after it being touched, you just never know.

I got a call today from my mom who took my grandparents to one of their doctor's appointments that they had a flat tire in the parking lot in the 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ. I was at work and I told her to call AAA. They came out and it took the guy over an hour to change the tire, he couldn't figure out how to drop the spare (which I do every 6 months to check the air pressure). The spare is also only 3 months old. Once the guy figured out how to change a tire he put the flat one in the trunk. I later took the car into Discount Tire and they patched the screw hole and I noticed once I got back to my grandparent's house that the hub cap is messed up, the Chevy logo is missing, obviously from dropping the wheel face first or dragging it. The AAA guy put the hubcap back on the wheel in the trunk. Also the wheel is filthy, someone's nasty hands were all over it. Looks like I'll have to scrub it off because it doesn't wipe off.

I know it was fine because on Sunday I pumped up all the tires on all the cars.

So I don't know if AAA or Discount Tire did it, now it needs a new hub cap and the wheel scrubbed clean. Here's 2 pics of it and the 3rd picture is of the other wheel and what it's supposed to look like.

Just a reminder to check everything over.

fms9cg.jpg

mvhsuw.jpg

105sk2b.jpg

It cleaned up nice...with multiple hands touching it obviously you can't point blame to AAA or DT.

Stuff like that really [censored] me off! Why are people in the service industry these days so sloppy and irresponsible?

Originally Posted By: dishdude
It cleaned up nice...with multiple hands touching it obviously you can't point blame to AAA or DT.
No, that's a different wheel in the 3rd picture. That's what it's supposed to look like.

I'm not pointing fingers to either one, because I don't know who did it. Just got to shrug it off and make it a learned lesson to pay more attention next time.

I'm able to inspect all the work done on this car because my grandparents are disabled and I mostly drive the car. I'm the only one who takes it to Discount Tire and to other places to work on it when I don't work on it.

I wonder how it got scraped up like that? Even kicking it around on the ground wouldn't scratch it up that bad I don't think.

The car is an 02 Chevy.

It's not like a Sunday-only driven Bentley

But I do agree, stuff like that cheeses me off too
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: dishdude
No, that's a different wheel in the 3rd picture. That's what it's supposed to look like.

I guess I should have read the OP a little closer!

I bet someone dropped it and then stepped on it and it slid along the ground..As for why people in some of those businesses are so careless its because people don't want to pay good wages you get what you pay for.

so it looks like the "bow tie" in the center of the cap is a Decal, or some such that came off?

those should be easy enough to find, or, clean up the remaining stickum, and paint it back inside the outline.

unless those centercaps are only like $5...

but maybe I'm just "frugal" (Cheap)....

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
The car is an 02 Chevy.

coffee2.gif

It's not in 100% cherry condition, but it is in very good condition. It's a loaded model LTZ, every option. Was $40k+ new. Only 111k miles so it's still a spring chicken. Most of those miles are old-lady driven.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Stuff like that really [censored] me off! Why are people in the service industry these days so sloppy and irresponsible?

well, part of it is people don't want to pay for it. The name of the place is discount tire.

Do you eat at a restaurant called "Discount feed store"?
Would you get dental service at "discount dentistry" or see a "discount doctor"?

It's not in 100% cherry condition, but it is in very good condition. It's a loaded model LTZ, every option. Was $40k+ new. Only 111k miles so it's still a spring chicken. Most of those miles are old-lady driven.

If you keep the car long enough, eventually you won't be able to notice stuff like this.

So you are a Chevvy logo closer to peace.

Most people don't care when they work on your car, they look to rush through a job as fast as possible. I'd be [censored] off, but not surprised.

I expect stuff like that from people. That way I'm never disappointed.

Before my BITOG days, I took my vehicle to Wal-Mart for an Oil Change.
I was a little upset when I saw dirty hand prints on my (light gray) seats.

Yes I did complain.
Oil change dude sprayed a Cleaner on and the dirt was gone.

Why? Look at the way kids are brought up in todays world!

Most everybody's sloppy, not only in the way they work but in their manners and dress.

Go to Church some Sunday and wear a suit, you'll be the only one dressed up!

Learned that lesson a long time ago. I had the same Dodge dealer forget to replace the oil cap after an oil change, and on another visit, they forgot to reconnect all of the intake plumbing between the air filter box and the throttle body. The mechanic even left one of his sockets under the hood.

Originally Posted By: raytseng

well, part of it is people don't want to pay for it. The name of the place is discount tire.

Do you eat at a restaurant called "Discount feed store"?
Would you get dental service at "discount dentistry" or see a "discount doctor"?

Sorry, that answer doesn't cut it for me. I worked at a big-box retailer when I was between office jobs and I didn't use "I'm only getting $8/hour so who gives a [censored]" as an excuse to do poor work and won't accept that from anyone. If you don't like the pay, quit and see if you can find something better suited to your tastes.

[/rant]

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
The car is an 02 Chevy.

coffee2.gif

I got a similar response when I posted up that my car had been hit yet again in my parking lot.

Keeping Hondas/Chevys/Fords in nice condition just isn't worth it to some people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back