Has anyone met a long distance friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I might've missed it,but what kind've forum did y'all meet on,and how did y'all come together? How old are you and she? Has the "if only we lived closer to each other" topic ever come up? If not,maybe you should just casually bring it up and see what her reaction is. Life is short,so if don't go for it you'll never know
smile.gif

I actually think you're the one who told me this a while back when I asked one of my girl questions and I brought her up. Yes I think I joked about hanging out with her if she didn't live so far away. She texted me saying she was bored. I think I told her she should move to Texas, then she was like, but their is no beach! I was like yeah their is, I live like 30 minutes from the beach. lol Then she was like oh ok, I didn't know that. I can't remember what else exactly This conversation probably happened 2 years ago. Then I think she either had to go or I had to go and ended it by telling her I was going to grab an ice cream, then I said I'll buy you one :p She was like thanks, no guy ever buys me things, not even on dates
smile.gif

Oh yeah! Now I remember
laugh.gif
You seem like a really good guy,and I have a feeling she thinks the same. I think you should go for it! Life is so short,and there's nothing worse than living with regrets. I wish you the best of luck,and keep us updated!

Yep, I've met many. Dozens upon dozens. LDRs are great if you're a serial dater and looking for fun. If your goal is marriage, they are the worst.

I'm the former so it suits me fine.

I'm talking to 7-8 of them in SoCal right now. Gonna go down there in a few weeks and meet a few. The funny thing is some girls I talk to actually know each other but they don't know it. Women generally don't share this topic with their girlfriends because it's taboo to meet a stranger
smile.gif
I once met an LA girl, and (by coincidence) I met her cousin a year later. They didn't even know
laugh.gif

I'm short 5'4", skinny and it takes me a while to become comfortable with new people, so I'm a bit quiet at first.

i used to be the quiet guy...
but what do you know... the geeky guy had a good memory so he remember a lot of melodies/music.. which went to be the local dj and soul of the party...sooo at a party met a certain girl, wasn't her first choice, but i was consistent and true, so last year it was the 10 year marriage anniversary...

like JennyHemi said, try it. you will get NO's, but you will be more and more natural (ever saw how quickly kids get to know each other?), and you will develop the "nose/gut" instinct. for the quiet type, practice matters

Originally Posted By: danthaman1980
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Not to be a party pooper but sounds like she put you in the dreaded FZ (friend zone). It's a numbers game, the more contacts you make with pretty ladies the better your odds are. Make 100 contacts, your odds are better than if you only make a half dozen tries. You'll get better each time if you learn from your mistakes.

Plus there's tons of other guys in her area that have home field advantage. Which comes into play if she's hot, friendly and single. Time to cut bait like fishermen do. Don't be afraid to ask the pretty ladies for advice, they like that. It's one of their favorite topics usually.

Yeah man, you gotta play your odds. OP, if you haven't signed up for online dating yet, do it. Now. Online dating is perfect for us introverted/shy socially awkward types. I met my current girlfriend online, on one of the free dating sites. Talk with LOTS of women, and go out on dates with as many as possible. Lunch dates are great, much less pressure. You CAN be a gentleman while playing the field. THEN, if you don't have a GF 3-5 months from now - take your trip to CA and talk to your friend about relationship issues. You will be much more interesting (maybe more desirable too, or maybe not) after that.

We don't talk about relationship issues, that's just how we got started talking, we talk about each other now. I haven't been swooning over this girl for the last 6 years I just got to wondering if what I've been looking for has been right in front of me all this time. I've been online for like 4 years now and have set up tons of dates, the problem is 95 percent of these women have no intention of meeting, they'll cancel an hour or two before you are supposed to meet. Also it's completely random when she replies back, it could be later that night, 5 minutes later or a week later. She's always apologetic if she takes a week to reply.

I'm not saying its impossible that this girl in CA isn't 'what you've been looking for', but it is unlikely from my point of view. And if you go into it thinking that she is, you're putting way too much pressure on her to 'be the one', and if she picks up on it, she is likely to RUN. On the other hand, you have obviously established a friendship with this woman and if she is up for meeting in person, that's great. I see a lot of people on this thread saying cut this girl loose; maybe they are right, but if she sees you as a friend (and you see her as a friend) then IMO there shouldn't any reason you can't be friends. But if she wanted something more, you'd probably know it by now.
It is good that you're online meeting women, but unfortunate that 95% of them cancel on you at the last minute. Maybe try a different site, or maybe try changing your tactics.
I wouldn't put any stock whatsoever in how long it takes her to reply back - IMO that's just as likely to be a function of her personality or schedule as it is to how interested or disinterested she might be.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Lots of women at the gym.

Every girl who goes to the gym is looking for a muscular guy with abs.

My advice. Houston is a beautiful city full of beautiful women. Lots of culture there. It's got a laid back "beachy" vibe. Plus there's Galveston right down the road. Hit the beach. LOTS of chickadees everywhere
wink.gif
The Houston area is one of my fave spots.

I did hit on girls at the beach a few times, but didn't seem to get the best reaction compared to other areas, maybe it was because they were in bikinis and I was just wearing shorts and a t-shirt? It is fun to go down there and walk down the seawall in Galveston.

One girl was a complete [censored] to me though, she was there sun tanning with her friend when I walked up and sat down next to them. One of them was like ok well we're not really allowed to talk to strangers. I just said ok, got up and walked away. I was about to say, what are you 12? That was the last time I bothered approaching girls at the beach. Maybe i'll give it another try, 1 out of 10 or so girls telling me off isn't too bad, it does happen though.

One girl was a complete [censored] to me though, she was there sun tanning with her friend when I walked up and sat down next to them. One of them was like ok well we're not really allowed to talk to strangers. I just said ok, got up and walked away. I was about to say, what are you 12? That was the last time I bothered approaching girls at the beach. Maybe i'll give it another try, 1 out of 10 or so girls telling me off isn't too bad, it does happen though.

Who knows they could have been pretty young esp with that comment by them. So they could have been doing you a huge favor. I remember that thread where you mentioned this a while ago. You should do it again and ask them a bunch of questions. But be prepared for them to turn the tables on you.

If they say something about a boyfriend, say that's great, how long have you been dating? Her, "almost a year". You, "well you never know he could be the one". Have big smile on face when saying this. Her, "how about you, are you married, ever been married, how come?" Have some fun man. If the convo starts to go flat bail out and keep mingling. Then go back to them and talk some more. They will be much more receptive when you come back.

I usually end it pretty quick when they pull the boyfriend line, maybe I just try what you said and just kind of act like I don't care.

On the subject of relationships,why do so many chicks have this "bum complex"? I'll give an example. This chick who lives next door to me. Extremely intelligent,attractive,and is a veterinarian. She has this disgusting worthless piece of [censored] that's perpetually hanging around there. This dude doesn't work,doesn't have a car(always drives hers everywhere),is ugly as sin and looks like he doesn't know what a bar of soap is. He's probably in his 30s. All he does is piddle around the yard all day chillin. She'll come home from work and he'll walk outside looking like he just got up from a nap. Out of curiosity I introduced myself to this bum and he had the personality of a tree stump. Do chicks like this just have zero self esteem? If I was this chick's dad I'd already beat the life out of this guy and thrown him out of her house. Yes,I'd be a VERY protective father if I had a daughter
laugh.gif

I hear you. Even worse IMO is the girl that "has it all", good looks, intelligence, good family, good career/future, but flips out over GANGSTA' THUGS when she could easily good respectable guy.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Women do this for more 'attention'

They take on guys like this as a project thinking they can fix them. This is why you never want to do exactly what a woman wants. At least not all the time.

On the subject of relationships,why do so many chicks have this "bum complex"? I'll give an example. This chick who lives next door to me. Extremely intelligent,attractive,and is a veterinarian. She has this disgusting worthless piece of [censored] that's perpetually hanging around there. This dude doesn't work,doesn't have a car(always drives hers everywhere),is ugly as sin and looks like he doesn't know what a bar of soap is. He's probably in his 30s. All he does is piddle around the yard all day chillin. She'll come home from work and he'll walk outside looking like he just got up from a nap. Out of curiosity I introduced myself to this bum and he had the personality of a tree stump. Do chicks like this just have zero self esteem? If I was this chick's dad I'd already beat the life out of this guy and thrown him out of her house. Yes,I'd be a VERY protective father if I had a daughter
laugh.gif

I think people only see what they want to see. Plus she probably has all her friends telling her what a loser he is, which will only make her hang onto him more. If they all ranted and raved about him, she would dump him in a heart beat, because then she was actually focus on all of his flaws.

Originally Posted By: Anduril
With this and the other thread lately, I propose we rename the site Bob Is The Dating Guy.

Hot chicks drive cheap cars
smile.gif
The perspective on women from the oilseed is priceless.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Motor oil madman,

How old are you ?

27 Why?

Just wondering why so many problems and drama in your life. Don't let bull [censored] stress you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back