No Oil Additives with MDS System - Ram 2500 6.4L

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new 2016 RAM 2500 6.4L with MDS System - engine-cylinder deactivation system that uses 0w-40 oil.

I send an email to Lucas Oil to ask if it OK to use Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer.
http://lucasoil.com/products/engine-oil-additives/pure-synthetic-oil-stabilizer

The answer is - No

"Thank you for contacting us.. Do you know if your truck comes with a MDS system?(engine-cylinder deactivation system.

if it does come with this system.. we do not recommend you add anything ..

thank you"

My next Question - Is Lucas Fuel Additive OK.

"Yes, the fuel treatment is ok to use in there if you are just using regular fuel... but no oil additives... because the MDS system works of the oil viscosity..I dont recommend you use any additives. "

Thoughts? What adds weight to not using the Oil Stabilizer is that Lucas is saying not to use it.

Lucas Oil Stabilizer is thick and cheap mineral oil without additives.

If you use it, you'll be thickening the quality synthetic oil that you put in there and diluting the important additives that chemists have formulated for you.

Do not use Lucas, in anything.

I don't know what their fuel additives contain. If you want to use something, get a product with PEA like Techron or Red Line SI-1.

No lucas oil adds. Its a new engine, why would it need it?

Their fuel treatment is okay in my book. If you're fine with using a low-dose, every tank additive, LCD's FP+ and RLI's Bio-Plus are better, IMO. Have to mail-order, but they'll last you for many tens of thousands of miles. And likely do a better job than Lucas.

If you use a PEA fuel treatment, just use it a tank or two before your oil change. That's plenty to keep things clean.

Hemi engines have a computer program that measures the temperature and pressure and oil to determine oil viscosity and throws a CEL if out of parameters. That's probably why they don't recommend it for an MDS Hemi.

Originally Posted By: CT8

Why would oil need to be [stabilized]?
The owners of Lucas need their bank accounts stabilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back