Sunl Scooter Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so happy to have gotten a operator's manual with the scooter I just picked up. Right up until I began reading it. I know it's not a mower, but...

"The book describes the simple ways of maintaining and operating, if any changing, we will not notice you."
"In order to assure your safety' and freely driving, please you read the book with carefully, and operate it as per the way in book".
"When driving please you keep the relaxing moon and wear comfortable clothes, obey the traffic rule and prohibit making the moon impatient".
"Don't make the body touch with the muffler, whose temperature is very high after burn-out within 30 minutes, when stopping".
"Please sparking the vehicle on the ground away off the dry grass and tinder, avoid the accident".

I now feel qualified to operate and work on this scooter...I think.

smile.gif

LOL! That is some serious Chinglish.

I've had a little bit of funny stuff in the manuals of various import goods, but nothing that bad. The documentation for my kids little TaoTao 4-wheeler was pretty good.

Either way, their English far exceeds my Chinese.

You get what you pay for, and in this case proper translation must have been an added expense they did not want to pass on to the customer. Sounds like they ran it through a janky computerized translator that probably was not tuned for that dialect or just fundamentally bad.

BUT...

Sometimes I wonder if it is not just some inside joke when they do things like this. Like it is some way to hopefully frustrate the "evil western imperialists/capitalists".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back