Let's talk Irish whiskey

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of my favorite America Whiskies. It costs about $11 a bottle in my area. I like bourbons ranging in price from $10-55/bottle. The best thing to do when sampling spirits is to toss the idea that higher price means higher quality. With the resurgence in distilled spirits a lot of money and celebrity is thrown into the mix to influence perception. A lot of people can't even tell the difference between OK stuff and excellent stuff. I don't think that's bad at all. If you can get past worrying what other people think about your choices you'll be doing yourself a huge favor.

I guess that applies to a lot of other things besides whiskey!

I looked at that but decided on Bushmills
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
I looked at that but decided on Bushmills
smile.gif

That is what is so great about spirits these days. There's something for everyone - if you drink, of course. Powers has flavor notes that are more like Jameson than Bushmills. I liked Kilbeggan for a while, too. That's another option.

The one thing that Powers has over the other accessible blends is that it's 43.2% alcohol.

Generally, more alcohol = more flavor.

Truthfully, as was stated earlier in this thread, Irish whiskey's drinkability is not in question. They are almost all pretty good.

Oh, and FYI, Powers is made by the same people who make Jameson. It's just the more "traditional" tasting Irish blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back