Turtle wax VS NuFinish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: FastEddie
+1 Not to mention they look WAY better, but many don't see the benefit of spending money on their paint and are not super critical when it comes to paint protection and looks. The "car guys" will see the difference.

Well, IDK about that. Wasn't there a thread here with a link to one of those auto detailing specific forums where one member fully detailed their car and finished off with NF and asked other members to guess what he used?. No one could spot the difference and were suggesting some top shelf waxes.

I don't like NF because it stains plastics, but it provided me with great shine and lasted a long time. I highly doubt anybody would be able to tell that my cars were done with NF.

Yeah that was me. I did that years ago on several forums to show that people(car guys)really couldn't tell what the finish was. Everyone guessed the highest end waxes and sealants. When I posted the NuFinish bottle on the vehicle heads exploded! I did it to shut up people like Grampi.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Chris B.

I'd advise you to do so or just drop it because every time I see you trashing NF we will be hashing this out again.

Advise away, I'll be ignoring you...

Stop spreading [censored] and you wont have to.

I never said it was garbage, but I realize you have to make things up to make your point......

This is priceless.

I've used NF a few times over the years, not any more. For the amount of time it takes to apply and remove it, I'd rather use something like 845, Rejex, or Menzerna, or a good cleaner wax if needed. It's not the cost of the product that matters to me it's the time I spend and the results. To me NF is just OK, nothing great, I feel the same about TW as well.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: whip
I never said it was garbage, but I realize you have to make things up to make your point......

This is priceless.

We have been having this discussion for several years now. The above quote is completely false as well. I don't make stuff up, I'm the one who has posted dozens of pictures with documented dates and video showing the durability of Nufinish and its shine. Grampi has yet to post a single picture to back up any of his claims. He just skates around it and this is been going on for years and I just get sick of Seeing the garbage he posts after being shot down over and over.

I dont want to start a scrap here on this great forum but i have been using NuFinish for years and i have to admit i love this stuff and never had issues with this product.I use the bottle type by the way and it dose last for my liking plus the shine.I have a buffer to spin this off or simply comes off with a soft towel with no effort at all.So no complaints from me.Just my opinion

There are several...Collinite, Duragloss, and Zaino for sure...

+1 Not to mention they look WAY better, but many don't see the benefit of spending money on their paint and are not super critical when it comes to paint protection and looks. The "car guys" will see the difference.

I think another barrier to these top end products is the fact they're not found (in most cases) in the stores. For some reason people have a problem with waxes/polishes that you have to purchase online. Being able to purchase a car wax at Walmart doesn't make it a better product...

This.

The resident walking, talking Nufinish billboard believes that posting pictures is somehow proof of something. It isn't. Anyone can post pics of a vehicle with any type of wax and you aren't going to see any difference from one wax to another. The only way to prove which is the best is to use them yourself and the ones that look the best and last the longest are the best...and I can tell you in my experience, it hasn't been NF...

I just used Nu Finish for the first time and am very pleased with the results and to hear about its durability. Clayed and used it on a 13 year old (new to me) car. Started using Sonax Polymer Net Shield on my motorhome and am very happy with that as well (although not sure it lasts as long as Nu Finish?). Thanks for sharing all your opinions.

I wash enough that after I chamois I like using turtle wax or ICE. If money allows I go Zymol. But I leave car outside so I never get too attached to a wax job. Whatever anyone is using is better than nothing.Agreed?

To most people who actually detail cars a bit, we know the average joe isn't going to find a difference between car on the left or right. How could they? They don't really give a [censored] about detailing. You need some proper lighting (if indoors, I use scangrip myself) and ask people who know what they're talking about. With that said, I have no idea what photos Chris B. posted up as "proof" in the past but I'd be interested to see myself.

Personally, I used NuFinish when I first started detailing many moons ago. As time passed and I learned more and more, I opened up to other products; Collinite, Swissvax, Wolfgang, Adam's, Pinnacle, etc, and found them all to be better than NuFinish. Call [censored] if you want but it's how I feel. If you're okay with NuFinish, then awesome, I'm glad it meets your satisfaction.

To me, I prefer a Wolfgang Sealant and Sonax Carnauba to top for a deep and wet looking gloss that's within my budget.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Started using Sonax Polymer Net Shield on my motorhome and am very happy with that as well (although not sure it lasts as long as Nu Finish?). Thanks for sharing all your opinions.

If used on a properly prepped finish, Net Shield will last longer.

source: personal first hand testing.

Funny you mentioned a deep and wet looking gloss. I do notice Nu Finish doesn't leave a deep and wet looking gloss like the Sonax Polymer Net Shield. I take no offense to any criticism of Nu Finish or anything else I am using. I appreciate the expertise shared on this forum. I never heard of Sonax Polymer Net Shield until reading this site. Appreciate the education.

Originally Posted By: r34dy2fly
To most people who actually detail cars a bit, we know the average joe isn't going to find a difference between car on the left or right. How could they? They don't really give a [censored] about detailing. You need some proper lighting (if indoors, I use scangrip myself) and ask people who know what they're talking about. With that said, I have no idea what photos Chris B. posted up as "proof" in the past but I'd be interested to see myself.

Personally, I used NuFinish when I first started detailing many moons ago. As time passed and I learned more and more, I opened up to other products; Collinite, Swissvax, Wolfgang, Adam's, Pinnacle, etc, and found them all to be better than NuFinish. Call [censored] if you want but it's how I feel. If you're okay with NuFinish, then awesome, I'm glad it meets your satisfaction.

To me, I prefer a Wolfgang Sealant and Sonax Carnauba to top for a deep and wet looking gloss that's within my budget.

Can't be...I'm sure the resident Nufinish advertisement will be chiming in soon to tell you you're full of it...

Started using Sonax Polymer Net Shield on my motorhome and am very happy with that as well (although not sure it lasts as long as Nu Finish?). Thanks for sharing all your opinions.

If used on a properly prepped finish, Net Shield will last longer.

source: personal first hand testing.

You didn't post any pics so it must be B S...
crazy.gif

Last edited:
I put forth a much larger effort to back up my claims than you did. You simply use the broken record defense saying I was wrong over and over and that was the end of your argument. I posted tons of pictures, video and even an anonymous online poll that everyone agreed that the mystery car was finished with a very high-end wax when in fact it was new finish.
I absolutely never said nefinish was the best wax. I have stated numerous times there are better products with a nicer finish. Most of this argument is based on durability which new finish is one of the very best. There is so much overwhelming proof regarding this fact that it's retarded to even try to argue against it. I only speak up when you make blanket statements about it being a bottom of the barrel product to people asking about it, so just [censored] stop!

As stated before, I get sick and tired of people trashing good products. This is not just about car detailing products. You should see how bad it gets on the firearms forums. When I see the keyboard commando's trash a known good product I will defend it and new finish is one of those products.
So once again I challenge you to put up or shut up. I have put up far more evidence over the years than you have. Somehow I know you're not going to do that though, I'll wait for your broken record response *****!

Thanks Chris B. Appreciate you sharing your experiences. Just washed the car after applying Nu Finish...cleaned up nice. Honestly, for me, I want the best durability and longevity I can get for my efforts in applying. Just want my paint protected from the elements. Excited to try Collinite. Thanks to all again.

Thanks Chris B. Appreciate you sharing your experiences. Just washed the car after applying Nu Finish...cleaned up nice. Honestly, for me, I want the best durability and longevity I can get for my efforts in applying. Just want my paint protected from the elements. Excited to try Collinite. Thanks to all again.

I've been a professional detailer for 25 years with 15 of those full time. I sell Nufinish to people who want long lasting durability and protection. It has a decent shine to it also. There are products that have better depth and shine but durability it is hard to beat Nufinish. As I get older I want something that will last. As soon as I find something that out lasts Nufinish(really out lasts it...not splitting hairs) I'll be the first to start start using it.

You will probably like Collinite...it looks better and lasts longer than NF...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back