Drivers
1. Nico Rosberg, 168
2. Lewis Hamilton, 167
3. Kimi Raikkonen, 106
Constructors
1. Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team, 335
2. Scuderia Ferrari, 204
3. Red Bull Racing, 198

For more including track data and video, please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports

10_Hungary_E_300DPI-886x498.jpg

Lewis fan here.
Hamilton is the better driver and stronger mentally. Like him or not, he's been the best these past couple of years. Now, if Max Verstappen were driving a Silver Arrow....

Originally Posted By: wemay
Lewis fan here.
Hamilton is the better driver and stronger mentally. Like him or not, he's been the best these past couple of years. Now, if Max Verstappen were driving a Silver Arrow....

It's the car far more than it is the driver. If Verstappen, Riccardo, Vettel, or even Button had Hamilton's car, they would be in the same place, or higher than he is. That is one of the biggest problems with Formula 1. It's pot luck if the driver is going to get a good car.... Or a dog with fleas. Look at both Alonso and Button. Both are 10 times better performers than that turd on wheels they're both stuck with. On the other hand, neither Schumacher or Vettel would have the amount of World Championships they have, if it weren't for Ferrari and Red Bull providing both of them with rocket ships throughout most of their career.

Had it not been for the car Red Bull gave him for 4 years, he, (Vettel), never would have been able to ink this contract.

http://www.totalsportek.com/f1/sebastian-vettel-ferrari-contract-worth-240-million/

Originally Posted By: billt460
Look at both Alonso and Button. Both are 10 times better performers than that turd on wheels they're both stuck with.

Completely agree

HAM isn't my favorite driver but I do favor him over ROS. It's silly to suggest he isn't one of the most skilled drivers on the grid but, that said, put any number of other drivers in the car and they'd be in a similar position.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: billt460
Look at both Alonso and Button. Both are 10 times better performers than that turd on wheels they're both stuck with.

Completely agree

Yeah so what! The positioning in all racing is so much more than what happens on the track, just the way it goes.
TOTO.

I've never heard Kimi say so much at one time as he gave us a detailed explanation over the radio about how Max was blocking him.

What do you reckon though. Did he move twice?

I thought he did, and I thought he did against Vettel also in the previous race. Stewards obviously didn't.

Nice to see Kimi passionate about something for a change though.

Overall I thought it was an above average race. The rain certainly spiced up quali and there was enough chasing and passing in the race to make it better than your average 60 lap procession. Roll on Germany.

Notably, did Bernie drop another one of his famous landmines sometime this weekend, and I happened to miss it, or did Charlie say something? Nothing was really said during qualification, or even during the race, but some drivers and teams were complaining about the 107% rule being waved in their faces this weekend. I never saw it, and I watched pretty much all of qualification and the race. I missed the driver's parade and most of the grid walk, which is usually where Bernie will drop something. In any case, I was a bit perplexed, since when I saw Charlie interviewed, he was mainly talking about track limits. This 107% talk came about after the race, at least when I saw it, so I'm not sure how much of an issue it was or not. Did Bernie panic the Manor drivers or give Toto a hard time when Lewis had a slow lap time early in Q1?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Notably, did Bernie drop another one of his famous landmines sometime this weekend, and I happened to miss it, or did Charlie say something? Nothing was really said during qualification, or even during the race, but some drivers and teams were complaining about the 107% rule being waved in their faces this weekend.

I didn't interpret it that way at all. I saw it as a number of the teams acknowledging that due to no fault of their own they all fell under the 107% rule and therefore had to apply to the stewards to be allowed to race. That's the rule and that's how you have to address it. There was never a question of anyone being knocked back, its just that it doesn't come up often and that formality had to be attended to.

Okay, so it was basically them using the rule as it has been all along. Sure, there were some teams in a bad position that normally aren't, but the rule has always been this way. When Manor or HRT or Caterham had a bad qualifying, they had to apply. It didn't happen often, but it did happen. Now, we have other teams worry about it, when they know darned well it was a really strange Q1 session? That's why I thought maybe someone like Bernie or Charlie said something. No, it's just teams complaining about a long-standing rule only because it faced them when they're not used to it?
wink.gif

I honestly didn't hear anyone complaining it was really only mentioned because it was a notable item on the day. Yes in the past Marussia and Caterham had to apply (from memory), but they were never knocked back. It was just another thing to compound what was a bad quali and nothing major of note. I guess it just does not come up often so it was a bit of a talking point.

I didn't hear anyone complaining on TV myself either. It showed up in a bunch of the articles; that's why I was wondering why this was an issue. I never heard it mentioned once on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back