Cosmetic only or replace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. So today has been awful. I started out being hit by a guy driving a rental car while I was in a customers car. I stopped because I saw him and he ran right into me. So that was the start to my Monday then my moms car broke down so at lunch info rescue her. Well she didn't want to drive her car because she was afraid it would die (alternator was bad) so she followed me in my car and she slammed a curb :,( the car drives fine. But it cut the sidewall. So would you replace it or let it be?

2vkn713.jpg

If you're not bothered by the idea of the tire going down quickly in the very near future then don't bother. If you care at all about safety then don't drive on it another mile. Replace it right now.

Well money is tight right now , going through a divorce is expensive but I did go ahead an order a tire and will do it tomorrow. I hate only doing one when the other 3 have almost 20,000 on them but it is what it is I guess

You got off easy and cheaply.

My dotty old aunt got all confused in an empty parking lot and jumped my car over curb stops causing lots of damage then called to yell at me because my brother-in-law reminded her days before not to leave the gas fire stove on repeatedly.

Sorry 'bout your tire.

Put the new one on the left front, that tends to wear the fastest on most cars - especially ones with front wheel drive. RR is usually the least stressed if you have one tire that's a little sub par.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Are you sure the tires aren't covered under a road hazard warranty?

The people who buy cheap tires don't buy the road hazard coverage

They're are the factory tires that came with the car....... So I didnt but cheap tires there was coverage on them but it did hardly nothing and I got the tire through work at cost so it wasn't to bad.

Now I guess I'll leave the new one up front so tell wear quickest and somewhat catch up to the other 3

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted By: totegoat
Are you sure the tires aren't covered under a road hazard warranty?

The people who buy cheap tires don't buy the road hazard coverage

Is there some reason you assumed it was a cheap tire?

Without seeing the tire in person...

I see a chunk of the outer rubber missing. Without a bulge outward I would say to observe and continue

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Put the new one on the left front, that tends to wear the fastest on most cars - especially ones with front wheel drive. RR is usually the least stressed if you have one tire that's a little sub par.

Replace. Not safe. Tires ideally should be matched as pairs. Best tires go on rear if vehcile NOT front. Putting new tires in front and wron tires in rear is not best practices and not safest. It's also not reccomended by tire manusfctures. New tires when only buying 1 or 2 tires always go in the rear of the vehcile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back