Thinking of changing from a laptop to a Ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: racer12306
You bought the wrong hardware if you want it to do all of that.

This iPad is for aviation based training. It's required and appropriate for the task.

I really like the unit, but I feel it's not an effective laptop replacement. Hence my review.

Interestingly, there is a good work around to watch movies on it. Simply employ a wireless 3tb harddrive. Load the harddrive with movies via a normal computer, then watch the movies on the maxi-pad. It's wonderful for this, and reduces what you have to carry on a trip.

Even so, it takes extra steps. The good news is that a 3tb wireless harddrive holds a LOT of movies!

Originally Posted By: Cujet

This iPad is for aviation based training. It's required and appropriate for the task.

I really like the unit, but I feel it's not an effective laptop replacement. Hence my review.

Interestingly, there is a good work around to watch movies on it. Simply employ a wireless 3tb harddrive. Load the harddrive with movies via a normal computer, then watch the movies on the maxi-pad. It's wonderful for this, and reduces what you have to carry on a trip.

Even so, it takes extra steps. The good news is that a 3tb wireless harddrive holds a LOT of movies!

I hadn't thought about that. With the wifi I can move data to and from a networked desktop right?

I is possible to move files.
Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Originally Posted By: Cujet

I hadn't thought about that. With the wifi I can move data to and from a networked desktop right?

If you want to save a file that you've made, one that contains pictures, a few drawings and a dxf file, I think the answer is no.

You can move files between devices with Apple"s iCloud, A third party file sharing service, send them as email attachments or use AirDrop if you're transferring files between Apple devices or computers.

I'd recommend getting the full size iPad or even the pro if you're going to be replacing your laptop. An iPad mini is pretty small. I'd check them all out at an Apple Store if you have one in your area.

I recently sold my old MacBook and moved to an iPad Pro which I'm happy with other than not being able to have multiple browser windows open on the screen at the same time. You can split the screen between apps, but not between different Windows within the same browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back