Let's talk RUM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Morgan

I know I'm going to get some hate for that but it's fairly cheap, you can get it anywhere, I personally find it mixes well with coke or cherry coke, which is usually how I consume it.

Good point sir
smile.gif
. That's always a good choice and I love cherry Coca Cola

Originally Posted By: horse123
Captain Morgan

I know I'm going to get some hate for that but it's fairly cheap, you can get it anywhere, I personally find it mixes well with coke or cherry coke, which is usually how I consume it.

I agree, nothing wrong with it, plus they've added some higher end stuff to their lineup which isn't bad. A friend of mine likes Sailor Jerry's...I've tried it, it's not half bad either.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Gosling's or Appleton.

ugh I hated appleton, tasted like synthetic fruit with an aftertaste of general anesthesia

Originally Posted By: horse123
Captain Morgan

No hate from me. I like it and drink it the same way you do.

Try Captain Morgan's Black Spiced rum (47% ABV). Nothing at all wrong with any of the products, though. I recommend things based upon what you tell me you like and why you like it. I have nearly lost my taste for conventional rum in favor of rhum agricole. It's very different stuff, but rewarding to those who develop a taste for it. There really are a lot of good rums out there. My preferences usually go toward the least aged products. That's just my thing.

Originally Posted By: car51
So after talking to DBMaster I got some Kraken and some Goslings "black Seal Rum". Which do you folks like

I recommended Kraken as an alternative to Captain Morgan spiced rum. I used to love CM before they lowered the ABV to 35%. The black version is more flavorful and mixes well with Coke. Rums from the different Caribbean islands each have certain unique characteristics based upon the type of distillation used and the microclimate in which maturation occurs. Rhum agricole actually has terroir, too. There are excellent rums from Guyana and Mexico as well.

Ah, if I only had unlimited funds and an indestructible liver...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back