Honda GX35 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I have a whipper snipper with a Honda GX 35 motor. It has an issue where if it's at WOT throttle it chokes itself and conks out. If I release the throttle in time, it revives itself. If I hold at 3/4 throttle it's fine. It's just when I go to WOT. Not really cold either (15-20 degrees C)

The air filter is clean.
The petrol is good and fresh.
The oil is at the correct level and is also good and fresh.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

This is consistent with a carburetor with fuel delivery problems. At part throttle, it can supply enough fuel to maintain the correct mixture. But, at full throttle, it cannot deliver enough fuel to maintain the correct mixture. If the throttle is held in this position, the engine will quit due to the super lean mixture.

I don't have much experience rebuilding these super small carburetors, so I'd have to defer to someone else regarding that. You might price a replacement carburetor; simply replacing it may be the better route.

I agree with Hokie, I have owned a Stihl BG55 blower since new in 2009 and always have used Stihl synthetic two-stroke oil in the proper mixture with fresh gas, AND Sta-bil.
Somehow the fuel went black last summer and caused these exact issues. I replaced the carb and it made zero difference. Drained all old fuel from the system, replaced with brand new fuel, and it solved the issue completely.

Main circuit in the carb has a partial blockage or the diaphragms in the carb are getting stiff.

$14 for a replacement GX35 carb on eBay. Not sure how that works out for Australia though!

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Bonus points for making me figure out that "whipper snipper" is Aussie for "weed eater / string trimmer"...

Hahaha! It's like another language sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back