looking for spray guns - analysis paralysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting a hobby in auto painting - and my head is spinning from researching spray guns. apparently one should ultimately have separate primer, base, and clear-coat guns. I started out figuring on some Devilbiss Finish Line guns; but of course, Iwata is better. and MUCH more expensive. yikes! I'd like to start with two guns (primer, paint) and keep the cost around $600 for the pair. is this possible? stupid?

once again - "hobby". not trying to make money on it. Of course, as George Carlin says - hobby's cost money. lots of money.

When I was at their store, they were recommending Devilbiss - so I had originally written off their house brand guns as cheaper China guns. at your suggestion, I looked back over their lineup and like the Eastwood Devilbiss Pro for paint, and either an Iwata AG or an Eastwood Concours primer gun for primer. that setup would stay within my desired budget. thanks!

If Trav doesn't reply to this thread shoot him a PM. He does quite a bit of auto paint work, and can point you in the right direction.

PM sent but for others looking for guns I buy my guns from these guys.

https://www.spraygunsdirect.co.uk/index....&order=name

You can get an Iwata Supernova or DeVilbiss GTI Pro Lite and an Iwata Air Gunza primer gun for about $500. They don't kill you on shipping either.
Just click on US currency and the price they charge you is the price before VAT plus shipping. I had my Supernova and Bellaria in 3 days.
I use the Supernova for base and the Bellaria for clear and a GTI Prolite for single stage but it is a great gun with a 1.3 tip also for base/clear.
If I could have only one gun for both for the paints I spray I would get the GTI Prolite, its much nicer IMO than the Tekna sold in the US. It all depends on what you want to spray and the equipment you have to power it. A 60 gal compressor will power a Iwata Bellaria nicely but struggle to keep up with a GTI HVLP.

Unless your a pro stay clear of the SATA guns, they are great guns but need massive amounts of air and really smash the paint on, unless you have a lot of experience they are run city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back