Worth the upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to get to work on my Cobalt....

Just threw all new brake stuff on the front end a few weeks ago, and thanks to a nice pot hole, have a few more things to do-quick!

Have a wheel bearing going on my pass. side- A Moog branded one is on the way. I was between quick struts and replacing parts of the strut (strut and mount). But it sounds like I might be able to do either (thanks Critic) Realize I could do a nice upgrade with Sachs struts and shocks (and mounts). But here the question-would it be worth it on a base model Cobalt? I'm looking for slightly better handling, and something that will survive Michigan roads! (no cheap stuff). Wondering if it is worth the few bucks over KYB.......

KYB quick struts might actually give you a very slight upgrade in handling, as they are 10-15% more stiff than OE.

Another option is the AC Delco OE shocks/struts for the FE5 handling package. Rock Auto has the FE5 struts, but not hte FE5 shocks for the rear. While searching for FE5 rear shocks, I found this FE5 package which includes the front struts pre-assembled.

Still, if you want better, there's always Koni
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back