Opinions on SenSen Speedy Struts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
SenSen speedy struts are garbage. All the cheap Chinese quick struts are junk, and give quick struts a bad name. AVOID Sensen, Dura, Raybestos, Moog, FCS, Leacree, Unity, etc. They rarely last beyond 10k.

You sure Raybestos and Moog should be on that list? I have no information that says otherwise, but I would think they would not put their name on poorly made Chinese parts. I assumed they were just relabeled Monroes or whatever.

I had thought so too, but with further research determined that Ray and Moog are in fact Chinese
frown.gif

Here are some examples

Raybestos from China

Moog from China

Like everything else, made in china is not the kiss of death either..

Had Raybestos struts on our Cavalier, and they have survived 6 years/60k on rough MI roads. Even on their way out-still give a pretty good ride...Actually considering Moog Struts, as our neighbor's Malibu rides quite well on it's Moog quick struts with 40k on them. Struts even look pretty good as well...thinking he will get 55-60k out of them......

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Like everything else, made in china is not the kiss of death either.

I generally agree, but it's not a good start.

Only if it is budget priced....

Only if it is budget priced....

How do we know Sensen isn't the KYB of 30 years ago, and now's the time to buy from an up-and-comer before their brand gets big?

They have a huge part number inventory; they don't get that way by not investing in themselves.

My sensens are a year old with 12k miles. Whose are 5 years? Nobody? How much data is out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back