I think I'm getting pure gas again

Status
Not open for further replies.
My MPG across my fleet is the best its been in years.

The pumps say "may have up to 10% ethanol" like they have for a while.

But I think it's zero.
laugh.gif

They're being all covert about it, because it'll be back, sooner or later.

I know I can shake a sample in a graduated cylinder with a dollop of water to be sure.

But, nah.

Anyone else?

If I leave now - can be there in a day. That's provided there are enough Walmarts to get a trailer full of gas cans.
wink.gif

I don't worry about it for the cars but my lawn equipment has seen only pure gas since new. I use distilled water to remove all the ethanol but only do 5 gallons at a time.

I thought there was a requirement for an oxygenate in gasoline? MTBE ethanol or whatever did the trick. Took a quick look, maybe it was only required in certain areas of the US.

Mpg and ethanol are "often" not closely or directly related at 10% and under concentration. The predicted 3% loss in mpg not only did not materialize in some vehicles, but instead can be offset by the difference in improved knock resistance with small quantities of ethanol. This is especially true in hot conditions.

Your fuel may not be ethanol free. Instead, it may be a flavor that works well in the moment.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
My MPG across my fleet is the best its been in years.

The pumps say "may have up to 10% ethanol" like they have for a while.

But I think it's zero.
laugh.gif

They're being all covert about it, because it'll be back, sooner or later.

I know I can shake a sample in a graduated cylinder with a dollop of water to be sure.

But, nah.

Anyone else?

I think if you did some investigation you'd come to the bottom of it.
like just get in touch with the station. manager owner and he should be able to get you info on what he bought. A few persistent calls can get to the details from the station or distributer.

I've been using E10 for more than 3 decades without a single fuel related issue. We get better than rated mileage on the vehicles we keep track of it on (I never pay attention to the pickup).

Small engines run well on it, the tractors all run well on it, and all of our vehicles run well on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back