MC FL-820S, 7.6K miles, 2012 F-250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and I am posting the MC FL-820S for Branson304. Oil used was PP and in service for 7.6k miles(what's wrote on cardboard flap). Dent in can was from his filter pliers also. Long live Longacre filter cutter!
smile.gif

Looks alright to me and thanks for viewing.

2up8k92.jpg

azjdqr.jpg

2agt3yh.jpg

wuktis.jpg

wuktis.jpg

15xn9f8.jpg

v8oodl.jpg

35m1t6q.jpg

2vwe61h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a couple of these for my 3.0 tribute looks good to me anyway. Thanks for the post.

Looks ok for a low end purolater made motorcraft although the pleats are not evenly spaced.. I will be switching all my fords to the fram ultra because it is a much better filter all around in my opinion.

Yeah, A10 I feel is right. The quality of some MC stuff to me personally is "iffy". Maybe this filter saw some cold and winter weather causing wavy stuff.

Originally Posted By: car51
Yeah, A10 I feel is right. The quality of some MC stuff to me personally is "iffy". Maybe this filter saw some cold and winter weather causing wavy stuff.

This filter was in service sometime in September until late January. So there was some cold weather stuff there, yes. I have a Tough Guard on this truck now car51, I'll send it to you along with the Ultra I take off the Taurus. Both oil changes are coming up so I'll send them both.

Not much love for this ~$4 filter with thread end bypass, silicone adbv and achieving 7.5k+ oci with no functional issues. Wider seam pleat area but no tears here, some minor imo wave to the pleating. Just aesthetics then. Seems the owner got their money's worth. Understand that this application has had some issues in other anecdotes, but bottom line, this one got the job done over a substantial oci/fci.

Thanks for pics.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Not much love for this ~$4 filter with thread end bypass, silicone adbv and achieving 7.5k+ oci with no functional issues. Wider seam pleat area but no tears here, some minor imo wave to the pleating. Just aesthetics then. Seems the owner got their money's worth. Understand that this application has had some issues in other anecdotes, but bottom line, this one got the job done over a substantial oci/fci.

Thanks for pics.

Well I was barely over the Ford recommended oil change interval of 7,500 miles & Ford recommends these filters so this wasn't that wild. It looks fine to me though like you said. No need for all this nitpicking.
smile.gif
Lol

I understand. However 7600 miles 'relatively speaking' is not chump change compared to many other oci/fcis oft posted here. Though a different vehicle, it would be a little more than the average MM oci/fci in a Honda I maintain. In any case and main point, it got the job done over the entire oci.

As for nitpick, that's the board MO. I have no problem with it, why this subforum exists. What I don't care for is a biased or even rigged nitpick evaluation as I read just recently on another thread. No need for more OT details here.

Thanks for sending the filter for cutting and posting.

The quality of these filters seems to have slipped in the past few years, but at one time they were the best bang for the buck and I scored quite a few at $2.30 each to the door at AAP. I stopped using them before I retired my 2010 FX4 and switched to FRAM Ultra XG2 filters for the security of the wire backing and the increased efficiency.

A few C&P of FL-820s filters from my 2010 FX4 5.4L:

Two MC FL-820s - One @ 6,480 Miles and One @ 8,285 Miles

MC FL-820s @ 7,480 Miles

MC FL-820s @ 10,020 Miles

MC FL-820s @ 15,372 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back