valvoline marine 2 cycle oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used 2 cycle oil in my cars, van, with tcw3. Great cleaner and upper cylinder lube too. One oz of the 2 cycle oil to 5 gallons of gas in the car, runs great.

In an older 2 cycle boat engine over the years, just about any good brand name 2cycle oil worked, no complaints....growing up in the 50's, Dad poured one quart of 30 wgt oil into a 6 gallon tank and our old Johnson 15hp ran forever,,,1958, never an issue..

I have used many Valvoline 2-stroke oils over the years. All have been fine. Is it rated TC-W3... And does it say meets or exceeds MFG requirements? If so, it's fine for all outboards except direct fuel injection (DFI) models which require synthetics.

Your older Merc does not need the new DFI oils, so this is a great choice
smile.gif

OK, I've been chasing SynPower 2T and the only sources I find are in Europe... Nothing on Amazon, only eBay. Mostly from Italy ...

Great oil, but to expensive to ship when Motul 800 and 710 are available here in the USA cheaper
smile.gif

I wanted to use Mobil 1 racing 2T, but couldn't get it anymore from my supplier (at 4 euro/l), so I got Castrol Power 1 racing 2T instead (7.5 euro/l).

http://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/Files/A139879FDD9827A880257B8D0031BC0A/$File/BPXE-98RLQA.pdf

Before I was using a house brand 2T semi-synth (3.5 euro/l) and lately their full sysnthetic (6 euro/l) but it didn't advertise ANY certifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back