Is SuperLube syn multi grease universal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some of this laying around for a while in my gun, and besides a little bit leaking out (looks like a clear carrier fluid ) it seems to be still good. Can I use this on any and all zeros or is there something else better? Can it mix with any grease that's already there?

Originally Posted By: NattyBoh
Can I use this on any and all zeros or is there something else better?

Can you use it on "zeros'? Care to elaborate what a "zero" is?

Haha yeah [censored] autocorrect.. meant zerks . I may just go buy a tube of synpower as it seems to work in every and all applications, no?

I have always been concerned that the Super Lube synthetic greases are shown on their web site to be non compatible with EPDM rubber, which is a very common elastomer used on vehicles.

http://www.super-lube.com/compatibility-charts-ezp-222.html

There is no 100% universal grease. What if your Ford bearings have something special in them and you introduce an incompatible grease?

Having said this, I believe the one single grease that will meet all ag. equipment and vehicle needs is a lithium complex type. It may not do all things best, but it will work on most applications of chassis and high temp. disc. brake bearings. And, it is compatible with most other greases, except polyurea, which is not too compatible with anything (according to most charts).

Also, go to a grease compatibility chart to give yourself a better idea about all this. https://www.google.com/search?q=grease+compatibility+chart&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Thanks . So the synpower from Valvoline would suffice for [censored] near all needs? What would another type of grease be that I would need, thats not lithium

Originally Posted By: NattyBoh
Thanks . So the synpower from Valvoline would suffice for [censored] near all needs? What would another type of grease be that I would need, thats not lithium

Yes it is hard to beat a lithium complex grease, all things being considered. The only other grease you may find yourself using would be silicone grease such as Napa sylglide or 3m silicone paste. Anti-seize is another grease type product that is very commonly used in wrenching. Sylglide and anti-seize are not really greases though and do not work with grease guns.

For general purpose greases that can be used on almost everything in any condition, I like mystic JT 6 high temp, Valvoline synpower, Lucas marine and CRC new generation.

I use the Super Lube grease on my firearms and ratchets, works excellent for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back