Are you a oil hoarder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I got about only 27 quarts. Not big by any means. 10 of Castrol 0w30, 5 of QSUD, 5 of Castrol Magnatec, 6 of Havoline Pro DS, 1 of Mobil Super Synthetic. Holding off running the Castrol until winter time. Havoline Pro DS is in now actually and will be the next run after that. I'm thinking Havoline Pro DS will be my routine running oil in my Altima 3.5 coupe. With maybe a possible run of Castrol gold or Magnatec. I can get the Havoline Pro DS for a good deal pretty regularly. It runs very well in my car like Castrol oils do too. Makes me happy happy happy
smile.gif

I dont hoard I stockpile
smile.gif

Brand name syn for under 2$/qt

other useful oils under 2$/qt sometimes.
got 12 gallon jugs of Rotella T5 15w40 for the tractors@7$

I should be set for 2-3 years currently on the 4 cars, 5 tractors, and various OPE.

Snagged a case of maxlife 20w50 at 12qt/13$

Not so much right now.

Got the oil stockpile winnowed down a bit recently.

I try to keep 2 changes ahead for all my vehicles.

I think that is enough unless AZ has an oil clearance going on.

Originally Posted By: car51
Gene K: now that's a woman to marry!
smile.gif

Absolutely!!!!

A keeper if she will pick up a bottle of good bourbon every now and then.

No, don't have the room among my charade of used oil filters I have taking up space waiting to be cut open! Only time I buy oil is before an oil change. Sometimes I save the old jugs for waste antifreeze and other fluids before taking them to be recycled but that's about it.

I'm not gonna be hoarding oils for now there are a few i want to try before i start hoarding first VR1 20w50 and then maybe M1 15w50 Racing 4T, i will probably stick to VR1 though since my car is an oil burner and don't want to put expensive synthetics in if it's going to get burnt off

More power to you and the better half...

If it was not for my wife fighting my oil-hording activities, I would have a home full of oil, and I would sleep in a tent between my extra stash.

She has weened me down from about 80-100qts when I moved to the mid 40-50s I think. I need to do inventory. Hummm. Also hurting was that there has been fewer clearance oils sales of late.

Originally Posted By: car51
Good afternoon. So, my girlfriend is officially a oil hoarder. She saw a listing for 2 cases of VWB 5w30 SN for $20 each. Offered $20 for both and the man accepted. Pretty impressed and our "new to us 1999 Cavalier" back up driver will love it.

marry her

Once upon a time I couldn't keep oil on the shelf. The clunker I was driving would eat it quickly. Now both my vehicles hardly consume oil. I built my stash to a year's supply for each car.

I keep 2 OCI worth on hand for everything I own (3 cars, Harley, and OPE) which equals about 35 qts. But there's an actual strategy to it..................with 2 OCI on hand I can patiently wait for the $2 per qt sales on top tier synthetics which I find oddly satisfying far beyond relatively small dollars involved (don't know why). More than 2 OCI worth and it becomes a nuisance storage wise. I just did an M1 AFE and Fram Ultra change for about $12, so it works for me.

I don't like to store large quantities of oil. When one of our vehicles is getting within a month of an oil change, I just tell my wife to pick up a jug next time she is at Walmart.

It would take me many years to use up the oil some of you guys keep on hand. Until then it would just be taking up space.

During my "I can't live without mass quantities of GC" days I probably got to an inventory of over 300 quarts but the lovely woman across the dinner table showed me the error of my ways
06.gif

Last edited:
Now, I am officially a "hoarder" as boss called and asked me if I wanted two cases of MaxPro synblend 5w20 MOPAR OIL. I said yeah, then he said take the two cases of SN PYB too. Stash is now at 86quarts
smile.gif

After some online shopping, my stash is now at 92L...ordered big quantities to get discount, since I'm going to do OC on many cars from friends this summer.
Was previously around ~12-13L.

I don't hord but I do buy it when it's on sale then use it when I need it. Then replace it when it's on sale again. I bought 2 gallons of 10w30 rotella T5 for 12 bucks a piece a while back. I will use it in the lawn mowers. T6 is rarely on sale but on occasion it is at advanced or other O'Reillys so I usually buy about 3 jugs at the walmart price so I don't have to give walmart any money. Poop on walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back