Homelite weedeater not getting fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an older Homelite weedeater that runs great, but I dropped it this afternoon after getting attacked by bees. It bent the back engine plate, which made the gas tank fall out. I bent the plate back into place, reinstalled the fuel tank, had to buy a new fuel line, and now the primer bulb won't fill and it won't suck up fuel. When I push the primer bulb, air comes out the port on the carb, but then it whistles on the return of the bulb where it should suck up fuel. The whistling sound is coming from the carb. I took it all apart and can't figure out where the air leak is; is there a check ball or something that could have dislodged when it was dropped??? Thanks for any help!

You bent the plate on the back of the engine? Does it run at all? Remembering the old homelite weed whacker I had a while back the crankcase plate is what holds the gas tank on, so if you bent that chances are the engine lost its crankcase vacuum to even run properly.

My Homelite leaf blower has 2 lines to the tank - one supply that goes to the bottom and one return that is barely in the tank. Maybe you have them reversed and it's trying to fill from he return line...

Oh..... I missed the part where he had to put the tank bank on. That makes sense, I bet he put them on backwards. Good suggestion.

Yup! Had the lines on backwards.
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif