Stability issue on 2015 F250

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted before on the stability issues with my somewhat new to me F250. The dealer has replaced the track bar bushing and the steering stabilizer. And the tires were Road Force balanced. It may be slightly better but not a whole lot.

Basically if I go over a bridge expansion joint and both tire hit the bump at same time the truck shakes for a few seconds and feels unstable.

The mechanic said he has done about all he can do. He has a similar truck himself.

He suggested a twin steering stabilizer and/or polyurethane bushings. Not sure what bushings I should consider first. What about the squeaking of polyurethane bushings?

Last edited:
If this truck is still under warranty I would not be purchasing anything. I would be finding another dealer. Google Ford death wobble and you will get an idea of the issue.

It's out of warranty, but just and the last work done under warranty. So the issue should be considered unresolved under warranty.

It's been to two dealers the first one said everything was tight and it needed alignment.

Everyone tells me the solid front axle is the issue.

As I said the mechanic (who seems to know his stuff) said he has similar truck a few years older and has the same issue. One would think he would have fixed his own if it was possible.

Originally Posted By: Donald
It's out of warranty, but just and the last work done under warranty. So the issue should be considered unresolved under warranty.

It's been to two dealers the first one said everything was tight and it needed alignment.

As I said the mechanic (who seems to know his stuff) said he has similar truck a few years older and has the same issue. One would think he would have fixed his own if it was possible.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Let me guess...you're running 18" BFG AT KO's @ 65PSI in the front.

+1

Actually, BFG AT tires ride and handle decently. But a 3/4 ton truck, unloaded, will be somewhat like a buckboard in some conditions.

urethane bushings should not squeek - I installed some on my car last year. I have steering stabilizers on my Jeep - they certainly help.

At least in the WJ world, a twin steering stabilizer setup is used for massive tires and suspension upgrades. Adding this with an issue will only be a band-aid. By that, I mean it'll mask the issue and keep you from pestering him for a while.

Your truck in the stock form shouldn't need aftermarket upgrades like this.

As for the poly bushings, I've always been under the impression they are too hard and not forgiving like rubber.

Last edited:
When mine did this, I replaced all 4 shocks and the steering stabilizer. That made a big difference. Not perfect, but much better than it was.

Originally Posted By: Donald

Hogwash. If that were the case there would be countless trucks with this unresolved issue. It can be fixed, but it sounds like the dealers you have used do not know how to fix it and want to deploy delay tactics. There are front end components which are worn out and need to be replaced. Solid front axles do behave differently than IFS, but the death wobble can be fixed.

~ 0:22

laugh.gif

I was under the impression that the death wobble where the vehicle would shake or wobble until you came to a stop or almost. In my case I let off the gas as it shakes for a few seconds and then I continue. One wheel hitting a pothole will not cause the issue.

One. More. Time.

Let me guess...you're running 18" BFG AT KO's @ 65PSI in the front.

Donald?

I have the exact same tires on my 2000 chevy 2500 fully inflated, when unloaded they do not cause any issues like OP describes. Stop parroting internet myths.

The issue OP describes is common with all trucks from the beginning of time. Sell it and get a 300C if you want luxury.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
I have the exact same tires on my 2000 chevy 2500 fully inflated, when unloaded they do not cause any issues like OP describes.

Feel free to find a thread where your experience with a GMT-800 is applicable, because it means absolutely nothing when discussing a third gen Super Duty.

For those who are following -- I didn't pick a specific tire diameter, specific tire brand/model, and specific tire pressure out of thin air...

The issue OP describes is common with all trucks from the beginning of time.

Wrong

I have the exact same tires on my 2000 chevy 2500 fully inflated, when unloaded they do not cause any issues like OP describes. Stop parroting internet myths.

Feel free to find a thread where your experience with a GMT-800 is applicable, because it means absolutely nothing when discussing a third gen Super Duty.

and you fell headfirst into my point. Your comment is irrelevant and vapid. Or are you just being coy without posting evidence to make yourself sound cool?

Last edited:
Irrelevant is discussing your experience with wobble on a GMT-800 when we're discussing a third-gen Super Duty. It's just as applicable as a Chevy Lumina. Nor am I here to provide you with challenging or stimulating conversation.

This is a prime example of why I've gone to helping via PM, and avoiding the nonsense; should have done the same here.

posting evidence

We can proceed when he decides whether or not to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back