Peak Global Life for 2010 Toyota Highlander V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two full bottles of Peak Global Life Concentrate Antifreez and needing to do a flush and fill on my Mom's 2010 Toyota Highlander. I know the Pink Coolant is preferred or the Long Life Red but just wandering if I could use what I already have if I flush the old coolant completely out.

Peak Global Lifetime is great stuff, and you will have no problems
smile.gif

But, if you still prefer pink, you can get it at Pep Boys. They carry Recochem OEM brand, the only full-strength concentrate Toyota pink that I know of. About $20/gal.

The Valvoline Coolant for Asian Vehicles (may have been rebranded as Maxlife) meets Toyota's specs, and it is pink.

It is pre dilluted. Exact same color as the OEM coolant, and has good reviews.

I've been using it in the Matrix.

Thanks Guys...and for the other recomendations as those will be very helpful. I am leaning to go with the Peaks Global Life since already have it but might wait till next weekend to start that little job. Man it is hot today !!!!!

It's still a fairly new car and the 'correct' Toyota pink coolant is easy enough to get. I would go with that regardless if you have the Peak already.

Originally Posted By: mctmatt
I have two full bottles of Peak Global Life Concentrate Antifreez and needing to do a flush and fill on my Mom's 2010 Toyota Highlander. I know the Pink Coolant is preferred or the Long Life Red but just wandering if I could use what I already have if I flush the old coolant completely out.

Abso-dang-lutely! Running it in a 2001 Tacoma for ~3years now after a distilled flush series of Toyota Red. Doing great and I'm still on the original radiator. And the PGL concentrate is perfect for a complete distilled flush series and refill.

It's a no-2eha Long Life OAT AF. Run it with no worries.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Originally Posted By: mctmatt

Abso-dang-lutely! Running it in a 2001 Tacoma for ~3years now after a distilled flush series of Toyota Red. Doing great and I'm still on the original radiator. And the PGL concentrate is perfect for a complete distilled flush series and refill.

It's a no-2eha Long Life OAT AF. Run it with no worries.

From what I read I think it is the old cars from the early 2000s that cannot take pink coolant rather than the newer cars that cannot take the red coolant. The pink coolant is not compatible with some of the older solder type in radiator, but the pink stuff has water pump bearing lubricant in it.

Quote:
... From what I read I think it is the old cars from the early 2000s that cannot take pink coolant rather than the newer cars that cannot take the red coolant. The pink coolant is not compatible with some of the older solder type in radiator,

Not what Toyota says or recommends afaik. Saw ONE poster here make a point that 1996 and earlier may not be compatible with the SLL pink for solder reasons. As it doesn't apply to my vehicle which came with Red and Toyota back specs SLL to and says compatible or the OP's query, no worries for me or him. PGL three years now, all original cooling system at ~150k miles.

Have this stuff in my Malibu and Equinox for about 3 years now. No complaints what so ever. It is some really good stuff. As mentioned, I would do a very thorough flush with distilled and use PGL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back