Dented Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mail order company must be selling seconds.
This was for an old beater but the box was perfect and the shipping box was perfect. However they gave me an instant refund. I'll just go local and cut this open sometime soon....

I will say the louvers are tiny and have very fine slits- I'm sure many here will be upset
smile.gif

Quote:
Made by Purolator,

So you're saying definitively that M&H Puro makes Magneti Marelli labeled oil filters for Mopar? Afaik, MM themselves are the new supplier for Mopar and much waited for it seems and mentioned by at least one member here.

No particular love for M&H Puro, but giving proper blame or credit kind of important imo.

As for louver opine, reserve judgement till pics posted. Unfortunately 'IF' so, one of the disadvantages of buying online without pre-purchase inspection best practice. Of course moot point here with dented can. And either way no indictment of properly done louver design.

Wonder what it took to dent it in?

The canisters aren't exactly as thin as a soda pop can.

Pretty good aim to, seeing as how the box didnt do its job of sacrificing itself, and it is in mint shape.

Me?

I just swing on down to the parts house. Its things like this you dont know what you have til its gone type stuff. The more we mail order the more, IMO, companies have to cut corners to get a product to us. Like purolator, all those rebates from AAP we were cutting from ten off twenty five and chaos ensued.

I think these are dented on the shop floor.
I suspect many would use it as is. So maybe they try to pass them off?
They ruined a Fram Ultra and made me send that back.
But this one they just refunded me.
I only had 2 returns in 470 orders and both were filters with perfect boxes.

I recently had an air filter get destroyed because it was shipped in a box with 2 loose 5 quart jugs of oil - and the oil was horizontal. not very smart packing choice... in your case its pretty clear that someone put the dented filter back in the box.

Sayjac: I saw 12 of these this week that were late 2015 and early 2016 productions and all were Purolator made. That's all I know
smile.gif

SayJac: in the thousands of new compass , Patriot, Cherokee's and others at my work; Mopar filters don't mention Magnetti Marelli so I don't know about them being the supplier. The ones I see say Mopar and on dome end "factory installed".

Last edited by a moderator:
My new F350 had a white can like the basic MC 820 but no mention of MC on it either.
No date code and no model number- no nothing.

Originally Posted By: car51
SayJac: in the thousands of new compass , Patriot, Cherokee's and others at my work; Mopar filters don't mention Magnetti Marelli so I don't know about them being the supplier. The ones I see say Mopar and on dome end "factory installed".

It was more than likely Champ Labs made. I have cut some of them open from many Fords at work. Last one was from a new Fiesta; its factory filter was Puro made

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
My new F350 had a white can like the basic MC 820 but no mention of MC on it either.
No date code and no model number- no nothing.

Most new Ford vehicles have a factory generic filter that cannot be purchased through the aftermarket, or anywhere else either. Some have no model number on them at all, but I've seen some that have just a minimal identification. Supposedly, Ford puts that filter on the factory engine for warranty purposes. In other words, if the factory oil filter is still on the vehicle at 30K miles, Ford knows that you haven't done any maintenance on your vehicle.

Originally Posted By: car51
Made by Purolator, I would use it for target practice
smile.gif

Sounds like a plan.

No it was solid white with nothing on it.
Also the top plate was a different design then the MC 820

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back