Turtle wax VS NuFinish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: FastEddie

There are several...Collinite, Duragloss, and Zaino for sure...

+1 Not to mention they look WAY better, but many don't see the benefit of spending money on their paint and are not super critical when it comes to paint protection and looks. The "car guys" will see the difference.

I think another barrier to these top end products is the fact they're not found (in most cases) in the stores. For some reason people have a problem with waxes/polishes that you have to purchase online. Being able to purchase a car wax at Walmart doesn't make it a better product...

Very true, and then again, the NuFinish camp has mostly never even tried duragloss, Collinite etc before bashing them because they are happy with NuFinish, which is fine. I detail for a living and have a used NuFinish, and am not afraid to admit it. It is appropriate in certain situations, but is not the longest lasing and looks terrible in comparison to others, so the price to buy the "good stuff" is negligible to me and my customers. Spend a little more and get a WAY better product.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Duragloss does and Collinite come close but Zaino lasts no where near as long as NuFinish. I use all of these on a regular basis. None of them last longer then NuFinish.

All of them last longer and I've personally had Zaino last over a year...NF won't come close to that...Do you work for Nufinish or something?

There are several...Collinite, Duragloss, and Zaino for sure...

+1 Not to mention they look WAY better, but many don't see the benefit of spending money on their paint and are not super critical when it comes to paint protection and looks. The "car guys" will see the difference.

I think another barrier to these top end products is the fact they're not found (in most cases) in the stores. For some reason people have a problem with waxes/polishes that you have to purchase online. Being able to purchase a car wax at Walmart doesn't make it a better product...

Very true, and then again, the NuFinish camp has mostly never even tried duragloss, Collinite etc before bashing them because they are happy with NuFinish, which is fine. I detail for a living and have a used NuFinish, and am not afraid to admit it. It is appropriate in certain situations, but is not the longest lasing and looks terrible in comparison to others, so the price to buy the "good stuff" is negligible to me and my customers. Spend a little more and get a WAY better product.

IMO, NF makes everything look like shiny plastic...

Duragloss does and Collinite come close but Zaino lasts no where near as long as NuFinish. I use all of these on a regular basis. None of them last longer then NuFinish.

All of them last longer and I've personally had Zaino last over a year...NF won't come close to that...Do you work for Nufinish or something?

Dude, you are comical with your broken record rebuttal of NuFinish. How many times have we hashed this out? As long as you keep spewing your [censored] I'll be here to inform others that you are wrong. Last few times I posted pictures of the vehicles I had with all of the above waxes/sealants and you posted ZERO. I proved I used all of these waxes and based my findings on 25 years of detailing experience with 15 of those being full time.
Like I said before, I don't work for NuFinish. I just get tired of keyboard commandos who trash a good product. I defend products that have proven to be a solid performer and NuFinish is one of them.

Dude, you are comical with your broken record rebuttal of NuFinish. How many times have we hashed this out? As long as you keep spewing your [censored] I'll be here to inform others that you are wrong. Last few times I posted pictures of the vehicles I had with all of the above waxes/sealants and you posted ZERO. I proved I used all of these waxes and based my findings on 25 years of detailing experience with 15 of those being full time.
Like I said before, I don't work for NuFinish. I just get tired of keyboard commandos who trash a good product. I defend products that have proven to be a solid performer and NuFinish is one of them.

Except you refuse to admit there are better products, and I'm not the only one saying that, so I guess you're calling of us all liars....

Except you refuse to admit there are better products, and I'm not the only one saying that, so I guess you're calling of us all liars....

Again I never said there were not better products so I guess that makes you the liar. I have always said there are better products for shine and depth then NuFinish. For pure protection and longevity there is not much on the market that will last longer. Some will last as long but you are splitting hairs. I'm still waiting for some pictures from you....guess I'll be waiting for many more years.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
Originally Posted By: Eddie
NuFinish is a polish combined with a polymer protectant. I have used it for 20+ years and it is a great product. Ed

+1.....I've used it for over 20 years as well. Excellent results every time!

+2 for Nu Finish

Again I never said there were not better products so I guess that makes you the liar. I have always said there are better products for shine and depth then NuFinish. For pure protection and longevity there is not much on the market that will last longer. Some will last as long but you are splitting hairs. I'm still waiting for some pictures from you....guess I'll be waiting for many more years.

There are plenty that last longer....but you'd never know it reading your posts...

You must be doing it wrong.
lol.gif

I have tested NuFinish a couple of times on my roof doing a half and half. NF lasts a little longer (water beading).

Originally Posted By: Bamaro

You must be doing it wrong.
lol.gif

I have tested NuFinish a couple of times on my roof doing a half and half. NF lasts a little longer (water beading).

Not everyone has the same results with every product...

About 25+ years ago CU ran an outside and washing test on paint protectants. NuFinish won easily and it was one of the new Polymer auto paint protectants. About 10? years ago CU did another test and the two best were NuFinish and a xxx product. I have used NuFinish since it came on the market and find that it beaded up on my vehicle hood for ~ 1 year whether I lived in ILL or the last 20 years in Fl. Florida is tough on paint because of the high UV and NuFinish does very well protecting against that. For ~ $7 at Walmart or AAP I can get ~ 3 cars completed. Excellent OTC. Ed

About 25+ years ago CU ran an outside and washing test on paint protectants. NuFinish won easily and it was one of the new Polymer auto paint protectants. About 10? years ago CU did another test and the two best were NuFinish and a xxx product. I have used NuFinish since it came on the market and find that it beaded up on my vehicle hood for ~ 1 year whether I lived in ILL or the last 20 years in Fl. Florida is tough on paint because of the high UV and NuFinish does very well protecting against that. For ~ $7 at Walmart or AAP I can get ~ 3 cars completed. Excellent OTC. Ed

Can't be and you're lying because Grampi says NuFinish is garbage and simply doesn't perform. He will tell you all about it and how you are full of [censored].

Can't be and you're lying because Grampi says NuFinish is garbage and simply doesn't perform. He will tell you all about it and how you are full of [censored].

What a Fool believes!
crackmeup2.gif

Well, IDK about that. Wasn't there a thread here with a link to one of those auto detailing specific forums where one member fully detailed their car and finished off with NF and asked other members to guess what he used?. No one could spot the difference and were suggesting some top shelf waxes.

I don't like NF because it stains plastics, but it provided me with great shine and lasted a long time. I highly doubt anybody would be able to tell that my cars were done with NF.

I never said it was garbage, but I realize you have to make things up to make your point. I just don't understand why you take anything negative that's said about NF so personally. Who does that? I don't get mad and throw a hissy fit whenever someone says something negative about the products I use. If you don't like them, don't use them. Why would I care? Why would anyone care? That's why I asked if you worked for NF, because I've never seen anyone take criticism of a product so personally...

Never used Collinite, but used Duragloss and Zaino years ago. Neither of them beaded water for nearly as long as NuFinish. Not endorsing the product...I don't currently have any, but I've used it on many cars and the stuff never seems to give up. Probably the best bargain there is in long-lasting shine. I don't use it on my new cars, as it's basically a cleaner-wax, which I don't need.

I put it on my dad's 2000 F-150 over Christmas (after buffing out the thick layer of oxidation), as I knew it was the only wax job that truck was going to see for at least a year. Impressive shine and durability so far.

If you're looking for the market's biggest disappointment, invest some elbow grease and sweat applying Meguiars Ultimate, because that stuff is terrible durability-wise. And they call it a synthetic hydrophobic wax. Not for very long.

I never said it was garbage, but I realize you have to make things up to make your point. I just don't understand why you take anything negative that's said about NF so personally. Who does that? I don't get mad and throw a hissy fit whenever someone says something negative about the products I use. If you don't like them, don't use them. Why would I care? Why would anyone care? That's why I asked if you worked for NF, because I've never seen anyone take criticism of a product so personally...

Ha ha! I never threw a hissy hit. I see you trash NF all the Time even after proving you are full of it. You still won't post pics or video of your results like I have. So yes I step up my defense of NF because you are just as relentless as I am but you still post no evidence like I do. I see you advise people asking about NF all the time and tell them it is junk even after I have posted real world proof it is not just as many others have in this thread and others.
Just stop spreading false information about good products and we can start to get along.

Ha ha! I never threw a hissy hit. I see you trash NF all the Time even after proving you are full of it. You still won't post pics or video of your results like I have. So yes I step up my defense of NF because you are just as relentless as I am but you still post no evidence like I do. I see you advise people asking about NF all the time and tell them it is junk even after I have posted real world proof it is not just as many others have in this thread and others.
Just stop spreading false information about good products and we can start to get along.

Sorry, I'm not going to change my opinion of NF just because you say so. I haven't had good results with it and I don't like the way it looks. The info I've posted about it isn't false, it's just what I've experienced with it. If that irks you, tough...

Then you could state your findings along with that a majority of users find it to be a superior product and advise them to try out the products and make their own decision. When I come across a product I find didn't perform as it should but many other have, I state that. I post my findings but also state others have had success with it. I don't jump in every thread and rabidly trash the product like you do.
Again it is 2016 and not hard to post pictures and video. People like to see proof which I have done and you have not(dozens of times). I'd advise you to do so or just drop it because every time I see you trashing NF we will be hashing this out again. I'm educating people and won't let false information be pumped all over the forum. I can't read all posts and I think most have seen these NF debates and know what the truth is by now. Just in this thread alone there are several posters echoing what I have said about NF.
just except it works for most folks and stop falsely bashing it. Do that and we can start to get along and spend time on more productive things on the forum.

I'd advise you to do so or just drop it because every time I see you trashing NF we will be hashing this out again.

Advise away, I'll be ignoring you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back