2013 Taurus SHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a bit longer of a run then i try to shoot for which is 6000 miles. That equals out to every 6 months for me. Finally got around to posting it now that the site can host its own photos.

Oh and before anyone says anything i did add a small amount of LM MOS2. I didn't get an exact amount but at most a 1/3 of a can. so lets say 66ml

Does check back in 8,000 miles or so mean run a new lil for 8k or this oil? The way it is written I would think the latter but am hopeful I am wrong.

Wondering why most American engines always have higher wear rates than Japanese motors.

Were you racing it? If not these numbers are pretty bad and should try a shorter interval.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
I don't think that this oil is doing any better for you than an off the shelf oil.

It is off the shelf oil. Right from my local Napa store. Next to the amsoil, red line, and the other oils

I think They ment run it up to 8000 miles Next time.

And yes This car was raced and is driven hard. As well As extra boost.

Still under warranty. I would skip a sample interval and check it in 16K miles. It better show improvement. I would consider running a different oil next interval,

It currently has 5w-30 Castrol edge gold bottle. I generally just buy what ever best oil is on an oil change special. But since I used a unique oil so I thought I would get it tested. Actually it hasn't been driven as hard lately. So I would expect the iron to be lower just from that

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: panther427
Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
I don't think that this oil is doing any better for you than an off the shelf oil.

It is off the shelf oil. Right from my local Napa store. Next to the amsoil, red line, and the other oils

I think They ment run it up to 8000 miles Next time.

And yes This car was raced and is driven hard. As well As extra boost.

In that case, go for a 0w40 or 5w40 since it's being raced.

I wouldn't be worried with the 'high' Fe considering vehicle mileage and it's raced.
This LM appears stout though and I would considering increasing OCI to 8000 or beyond.
blush.gif

Yes, I would prefer xW40 to 5W30.

Last edited:
That wear is pretty bad.

Hate to sound repetitive, but Castrol Magnatec seems to work wonders in these engines.

For now, wouldn't run any oil past 5k until wear settles down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back