Has anyone heard of www.tomydoor.club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if I missed this - I have never created an account but skim the forums alot. I wanted to ask, has anyone heard of or used this website for their oil? www.tomydoor.club

They had a facebook advert that came up in my feed but I can't find any information about them. Hoping someone can shed some light... I am tempted

Last edited:
I can get Mobil 1 for the price of their no-name synthetic. I can also get Trop Artic for a better price than their conventional.

Not a good deal, from my point of view.

I was under the impression that their oil is not no name? They claim to package branded products on an "opaque" sales model... ?

Only thing I can see is that the "Synthetic" has the DEXOS 1 mark on the bottom right.

Last edited:
I did see where in the future, you will be able to get Mobil 1 oil and filters. It suggested that you subscribe now for whatever oil, so you can upgrade later to Mobil 1.

Nothing like choosing a pig in a poke.

I can also only imagine that it is just the cheapest oil rebranded to satisfy what's on the front of the jug. Thats really the only way this model makes sense.

You figure even if they did M1 and an M1 EP filter for 26 - 28 bucks you are only saving a few dollars (maybe none) and dealing with shipping, leaking, getting oil you might not need yet, billing, ect.

I saw a post the other day that said "My oil stash is at Walmart"

Mine too bud, just at Advanced Auto, they are great about keeping it for me...

Last edited:
Hmm in Canada Mobil 1 comes on sale for $35 and the filters are usually about $12 - assuming Mobil 1 is a "premium" filter that would be a relatively decent saving. Plus not having to wait for it to come on sale at [censored] Tire.

Originally Posted By: OilNoob88
Hmm in Canada Mobil 1 comes on sale for $35 and the filters are usually about $12 - assuming Mobil 1 is a "premium" filter that would be a relatively decent saving. Plus not having to wait for it to come on sale at [censored] Tire.

assuming too much.

Originally Posted By: OilNoob88

I wonder what the shipping, pricing, and availability to Canada from that site even is.

Maybe someone in Canada has gotten tired of the retail markups we face. On the other hand, one can market motor oil in this country at a sensible price while using the majors. One doesn't have to come up with their own brand. Their notion of supplying whatever oil and filter is available, rather than set brands, in their discussion of their business model, might work with some people but won't work with a lot of others, particularly if the company doesn't pay attention to specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back