DELO in Riding Mower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a good choice.

I also think the Kohler 10W-30 is good oil too. I have been using Pennzoil yellow bottle 10W-30 in my Honda mower for the last three years since it was new, and always had to add some every couple times I mowed. Mower does not smoke, or smell like burning oil. Started using the Kohler 10W-30 this spring, and I have not added any period. I can get the Kohler oil from a local hardware for $3.75 a quart, so it's reasonably priced too.

Nearly any HDEO works well in OPE so it would be a good choice. I have run T6 and Delo in my Kawasaki BF 750 and these oils hold up much better than PCMOs.

Delo has now become my oil of choice for my OPE.
Delo 400XLE will serve you well.
Good choice.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Nearly any HDEO works well in OPE so it would be a good choice. I have run T6 and Delo in my Kawasaki BF 750 and these oils hold up much better than PCMOs.

This.

In the lawn mower and OPE part of this forum, using HDEO oils as very preferred over there. So yes, good choice.

I would use a 15w-40 unless you use the mower at below 20*f starting temps. But yeah the oil is a great choice.

You may be able to use a Fram 3614 or 3600 oil filter on that Kohler.

$3 - $4 instead of $10 - $12...

It will hold 4 or 8 ounces more oil too...

I use Rotella T5 10W-30 in small engines, works great, and inexpensive...

Last edited:
Good vis pick - and oil - stop at any truck stop and 3 oils seem to dominate the shelves.
I land on the side of not going above the OEM hot vis - worked for decades for me ...
Then most of your car oils work just fine when you run out of the HDEO ...

I've been running Delo in aircooled yard motors for over 30 years. Zero issue to date
smile.gif

I had to snap off some of the plastic engine shroud with pliers to fit a slightly shorter model 3600 filter on my JD 22 hp Kawasaki.
Total capacity is now 2.5 US quarts. The filter was $5 instead of $10 for the short JD originals.

May 2015 to July 2016, out 10w40 Castrol motorcycle, in 15w40 CJ-4 T3.
There was only 11 hours on the oil, but I needed a couple of liters for a beater, so the lawnmower got new oil early.
The JD is now 4 years 3 months old with 42 hours on the meter. I bought a battery last year with a 5 year warranty.

I run Mobil Delvac 15W40 in my almost 30 year old Homelite lawn tractor with a B&S engine. Works great and seems to quiet the engine down a bit.

I like a diesel oil in small engines as they usually have a high TBN and can handle more fuel dilution, dirt, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back