Schaeffer's 170 Extreme Performance in Tcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that Schaeffer's 170 Extreme Performance 75w140 would be a good option for the troublesome / half qt capacity / no drain plug transfer case of CX-9's. Looks to be good oil but I can't find it locally and the shipping online is outrageous. Would it be worth it anyways since I could get two vac and fills out of a single quart? Anyone here have any experience with it? Currently running RP MaxGear and it comes out terrible everytime. Looking to step it up.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
I've heard that Schaeffer's 170 Extreme Performance 75w140 would be a good option for the troublesome / half qt capacity / no drain plug transfer case of CX-9's. Looks to be good oil but I can't find it locally and the shipping online is outrageous. Would it be worth it anyways since I could get two vac and fills out of a single quart? Anyone here have any experience with it?
Currently running RP MaxGear and it comes out terrible everytime. Looking to step it up.

What visc grade being used?

Thats really similar to the #167. In fact, the only difference is the Falex EP is 3500 instead of 2500. Which everything else is the same so I wonder if it isnt a typo. The prices on that site are like 10-15% higher than what I am paying for Schaeffers from my local distributor. Out of curiosity, Im going to call them tomorrow and find out if they have the #170 and how much it is.

Originally Posted By: zeng
I've heard that Schaeffer's 170 Extreme Performance 75w140 would be a good option for the troublesome / half qt capacity / no drain plug transfer case of CX-9's. Looks to be good oil but I can't find it locally and the shipping online is outrageous. Would it be worth it anyways since I could get two vac and fills out of a single quart? Anyone here have any experience with it?
Currently running RP MaxGear and it comes out terrible everytime. Looking to step it up.

What visc grade being used?

75w140

I've heard that Schaeffer's 170 Extreme Performance 75w140 would be a good option for the troublesome / half qt capacity / no drain plug transfer case of CX-9's. Looks to be good oil but I can't find it locally and the shipping online is outrageous. Would it be worth it anyways since I could get two vac and fills out of a single quart? Anyone here have any experience with it? Currently running RP MaxGear and it comes out terrible everytime. Looking to step it up.

Contact salesrep here on BITOG and see what he can do for you.

75w140

Huuh .....
confused2.gif

Patch, you might be better off with a Schaeffer SAE140 GL5 that's VII-free.

Patch what part of Calif are you located ? I know a few Sales Rep in the Central/North Part of the State that may get you a good price on that gear oil.

Originally Posted By: Boczech

Patch what part of Calif are you located ? I know a few Sales Rep in the Central/North Part of the State that may get you a good price on that gear oil.

Near Sacramento.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule

Contact salesrep here on BITOG and see what he can do for you.

Private message sent. Thanks for the tip. I'll update you guys if I find a good reasonably priced source.

Originally Posted By: zeng
75w140

Huuh .....
confused2.gif

Patch, you might be better off with a Schaeffer SAE140 GL5 that's VII-free.

Really? Never heard about doing that. I'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back