Is penzoil ultra platinum being discontinued.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jongies3
I don't think it's being discontinued. But SOPUS has done a poor job marketing it. To the average joe, there's not much difference between it and Platinum and most people are going to go for the Platinum because it's cheaper.

Well people purchasing the cheaper product, are just showing their ignorance.

All the marketing in the world, is not going to convince the average joe, to dig deeper to compare the additive package in the current motor oils.

The average joe will be missing out on a great oil, only due to their own willful ignorance.

You're only going to find Amsoil SS and Redline oils, above the platinum ultra.

Some people don't care about the best oil going into their motor. Some do and will appreciate Ultra, due only to examining further what's in its cocktail.

Pennzoil's ULTRA is a great oil and is readily available at many walmarts.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Hi Dan,

Did you get a good deal on them? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks!

It is $22.47 - $10 rebate = $12.47 per 5 qt. Why wouldn't that be a good deal?

You know, I've been trying to buy/find this oil for at least the last month. The 5w20 or 0w20 I use for my truck has been out of stock on Wal-Marts website and it's overpriced ($38+) at Amazon. It's incredibly frustrating. I WANT TO BUY YOUR [censored] OIL!!! it's like amsoil but worse, at least I know they'll have plenty in stock to sell. I look at every auto store or Wal Mart I happen to see in search of this unicorn but no luck.

[censored] I even have a reminder on Wal-Mart to let me know when/if it's ever back in stock.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Torrid
I'm most likely going to use Ultra when I run through my PYB. Same here, it's here one time and gone the next at my WMs. I think someone keeps buying up the supply. I usually buy my oil with ship to home from WM anyway so it shouldn't be an issue for me.

WMT ship to home is a good way to get it, a lot cheaper than AMZN, and the only way I can get it in 5W30.

thank you demarpaint for the info...

i have been patiently waiting for walmart.com to come up with some ultra platinum. yesterday there was 1 available, then today 3. i "had" to get all three for the free shipping, but this way i am set for at least a year or so on my vehicles.

i'll be using the pennzoil this winter instead of mobile 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back