A new wave of European emmigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the recent vote of the UK to exit the EU along with the intractable economic problems the Euro currency regime has caused for most of those nations that joined it, I can see a new era of immigrants to this country from the old world.
As with those we admit from the third world, those with advanced qualifications as physicians and engineers will enjoy a preference.
The EC will experience both a brain drain and an accelerated aging of its population.
It's only a matter of a few years before the first Euro zone country repudiates its debt, redenominates it in a revived national currency and then subordinates that debt with a haircut.
This will only serve to accelerate the brain drain of Europe.
Only a complete fool couldn't see all of this in the headlights.
The EU's problems might have been manageable without the common currency.
With it, they are impossible.

It's my opinion that Eastern European women are very attractive. We need more beautiful women in the western world.

Last edited:
Currently the U.S is accepting only the bottom of the barrel immigrants and illegal aliens.

We saw a huge wave of immigration from Europe from the post Civil War period up to the Great Depression. These people played a large role in the development of our country and a new wave will do so again.
Those people came because their economic opportunities in the Old World were so limited.
I believe that those conditions again exist, so I expect that we'll see large numbers of Europeans seeking to enter our country.
This is a net good for us, since the only reason that American population isn't aging and declining is that we have a healthy influx of immigrants.
Europe currently has serious economic problems with no end in sight.
I would therefore expect those with skill and potential to seek greener pastures, which they can find here.
Many of us express disregard for the opportunities we take for granted here, but for many of those from even other first world countries, the opportunities available here are incomparable.
The current situation in most of Europe should also serve as a cautionary tale for those who think that we should institute an austerity regime here.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
It's my opinion that Eastern European women are very attractive. We need more beautiful women in the western world.
More good looking women are always a plus.

Austerity will be a necessity here too at some ppint. Good, bad, or indifferent. $20,000,000,000,000 in debt not considering unfunded future liabilities which push that number according to estimates are between $50,000,000,000,000 to $100,000,000,000,000. We are on the bobsled to a hot place with O,J Simpson at the brakes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
We saw a huge wave of immigration from Europe from the post Civil War period up to the Great Depression. These people played a large role in the development of our country and a new wave will do so again.

How will they do that? We already have the most/best universities in the world. We have more quality universities than the whole rest of the world combined. We don't need more people overstaying their visas

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
It's my opinion that Eastern European women are very attractive.

Now that's one opinion in this thread I can agree with.

We don't need any more people (from anywhere) in this country...there's already more here now than we can take care of...

Originally Posted By: grampi
We don't need any more people (from anywhere) in this country...there's already more here now than we can take care of...

Western Europeans will take care of themselves....just like my ancestors did. That's the entire problem right there....it's not about what immigrants WE can take care of (?), it's what the immigrant can offer this country.

Easy on the chest banging there fellas...the US is a great country for sure, but it's far from sugar and spice and everything nice.

Originally Posted By: Andy636
Easy on the chest banging there fellas...the US is a great country for sure, but it's far from sugar and spice and everything nice.

No one asked you to come over, or come back. Stay in Romania.

Wait-Europe is doing worse than us?

If the people in Europe saw the folks that we might be electing this year-might be enough to change their mind....

There was a big increase in people looking to emmigrate to NZ after Brexit....there are apparently a lot of US citizens looking to come to NZ if Trump gets to be president. Just people jumping ship if the politcal climate isn't to their liking.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
As with those we admit from the third world, those with advanced qualifications as physicians and engineers will enjoy a preference.

Europeans with advanced qualifications enjoy great quality of life. They don't need to rush.
But I am with Vern on the ladies. He digs demographics the best!

Originally Posted By: Silk
There was a big increase in people looking to emmigrate to NZ after Brexit....there are apparently a lot of US citizens looking to come to NZ if Trump gets to be president. Just people jumping ship if the politcal climate isn't to their liking.

Yes but running away because an election doesn't go your way sounds a tad bit extreme. I would have left 7 years ago if it would have made any difference.
Just wait and see the next few years....regardless of who gets in office. It's sure to keep going downhill. One will be quicker than the other...but we get whom we deserve.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Originally Posted By: Andy636

No one asked you to come over, or come back. Stay in Romania.

You need medical help ASAP with that telephone pole shoved up your rectum...just saying...

And for the record I can stay wherever I desire and there is no way in [censored] a frustrated [censored] such as yourself has any saying in that...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back