2012 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently using AMSOIL Signature 5w30 and was wondering if the AMSOIL Diesel HDD would be a better option. I believe it has more zinc. I drive 60 miles round trip daily, mostly backroads not a lot of stop and go. Live in Maine so it gets cold in the winter and not real hot in summer. Car currently has 41,500 miles. Thanks.

I don't think you need anything as special as HDD for that car unless it's been modified.

I'd probably be using one of the 0w-30 or 0w-40 oils in Maine, especially if you're in the frigid interior.

From your owner's manual:

Engine oil must meet the minimum ILSAC specification GF-4, API SL, or ACEA A1/B1. Lower quality oils may not offer the same fuel economy, engine performance, or engine protection.

Extreme engine operation
Synthetic oils meeting SAE 0W-30 or 0W-40 and complying with oil quality requirements are recommended for driving in areas of sustained temperature extremes (hot or cold), when towing a trailer over long distances, and for prolonged driving in mountainous areas.

Castrol 0w-30 or 0w-40
Mobil 1 0w-40
Whatever Amsoil calls their euro oils now in 0w-30 or 0w-40

I'd probably be using the Mobil 1.

Originally Posted By: Blurry
Volvo recommends 5w30...

I pasted that above quote directly from your owner's manual. Volvo recommends 0w-30, 5w-30, 0w-40, and 5w-40.

Volvo recommends 0w-30 and 0w-40 for cold weather operation.

See page 339-340 for your viscosity chart and cold weather information.

http://volvornt.harte-hanks.com/manuals/2012/2012-Volvo-S60-Owners-Manual.pdf

Use one of the 0w-30 or 0w-40 euro oils. HDD is unnecessary.

Originally Posted By: Blurry
Currently using AMSOIL Signature 5w30 and was wondering if the AMSOIL Diesel HDD would be a better option. I believe it has more zinc. I drive 60 miles round trip daily, mostly backroads not a lot of stop and go. Live in Maine so it gets cold in the winter and not real hot in summer. Car currently has 41,500 miles. Thanks.

You can't get a better oil than the Amsoil SS, in my opinion. I would keep using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back