M1 5w30, 9,747km, 2013 F150 EB, 81,236km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Here is my latest UOA from my 3.5L ecoboost. I have owned this truck since new, and completed a UOA at every oil change along the way. This is the second OCI on M1, not sure why it is so much better than the previous run on M1. I refilled with M1 again. Observations/comments?

13%20F150-062916-2_zpsxgsnoyt8.jpg

I'd say it is better because there was a lot of fuel dilution in the previous sample...was that previous one by chance a winter OCI with lots of cold starts, short trips and idling?

Last edited:
Looks good! Would have no problem extending out to their suggestion of 12-13k KM, imo.
(I couldnt figure out why this UOA looked so good until I realized it was in KM.)
The last one did have a lot of fuel..did you perhaps start it cold just to move it and do the change or something like that?
Otherwise, It mightve just been becuase of the winter.

The last OCI was over the winter, so that could help explain the higher fuel. The truck is stored in a heated garage and the majority of its usage is on longer highway trips (>35km). My stash of M1 is now depleated. I'll be trying Castrol Edge next - I picked up a bunch of it on sale. I would like to try Magnatec after seeing some of the other UOA's posted with it but its hard to find in my area.

Yup winter driving will do that to oil.
It's your money but why a UOA on every OCI? It's almost like doubling the cost of each oil change.
If it were my truck I would being doing 3 UOAs as I get to warranty expiry - my 2 cents.

Yeah, it does double the cost of each oil change. I realize it's not required and complete overkill, but I do it more for my own personal interest than anything.

I think I'm going to try Castrol Edge FTT next (I stocked up when it was on sale). Any predictions how it will perform compared to the M1 and PP that I've used in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back