The best of intentions... Maybe the worst outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fewer than 100 hours of idling. It should be OK. I agree with the others that suggest changing the oil and moving forward. It should be fine. I agree that tires and other fluids probably need attention, as well.

Be glad they weren't delivering pizzas in it or using it as an uber vehicle. Did they ever have to fill the gas tank in 7 years?

Don't over think it. Change it and drive on. You could get a UOA for kicks, but surely not necessary.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Change the oil and drive it, you are stressing over nothing.
You got that right. Picking **** with the chickens.Just drive it.

I'd be more concerned that a DI engine maybe should not be using a VERY high SAPS level boutique oil, or is it somehow considered OK for the earlier DI 4 Ringers?? (Unless Red Line just released a low SAPS/big Euro spec 5W-30 to go along with their Euro 5W-40, and i did not hear about it?)
21.gif

I am going to be tempted to use Red Line (or Millers, or Motul 300V) in my Fiesta ST after break in, but with all of the horror stories I hear about DI turbos and high SAPS type oils, I will not dare to even try (even if I didn't care about voiding the warranty).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back