Techron or Shell Gasoline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: Superflop
Lol using shell @.20 cents more is still cheaper than techRon each fill. Also you don't need detergents that often. Anyway berrymans injector cleaner with pea is like 3 bucks at oreilly's and only needs done every other oil change.

In theory, you don't need any extra. The EPA mandates a minimum amount in all gasoline. I never worried about it and never used Techron. Ran close to 200k on a car with just regular cheap gas at whatever station was cheapest. Never had a problem, still on original injectors.

And b12 is within $4 bucks easily!!!

Far better than seafoam in my opinion.
I just add my own concoction of additives from time to time with no bad effects.

A few months ago I decided to try out a tank of Shell Premium in my 97 Volvo 960 118K miles and at the time I also added a bottle of Techron. Since I've owned it I'll admit to filling it up with the cheapest 91-93 octane I could find.

I took it out for a ride and around 200 miles I noticed something wonderful happening. The car always ran fine or at least I thought it was running OK. It runs so smooth now, it is shocking that a change in gasoline and a bottle of Techron made a huge difference in the performance of the vehicle.

From now on that car will never ever see anything but Shell premium gasoline. If I'm on the road and Shell gas isn't available she'll only get top tier fuel.

Lucky for me the cost of Shell gas by me runs the same as the other non Top Tier gasoline.

My Prius is running Shell 87 exclusively since my findings with the Volvo and Shell premium.

What does the EPA know? After all they want ethanol in our gas which gave us nothing but trouble and less milage.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: Superflop
Lol using shell @.20 cents more is still cheaper than techRon each fill. Also you don't need detergents that often. Anyway berrymans injector cleaner with pea is like 3 bucks at oreilly's and only needs done every other oil change.

In theory, you don't need any extra. The EPA mandates a minimum amount in all gasoline. I never worried about it and never used Techron. Ran close to 200k on a car with just regular cheap gas at whatever station was cheapest. Never had a problem, still on original injectors.

What does the EPA know? They forced ethanol onto us and look what that got us. Bad mechanical problems and less gas milage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back