why doesnt Toyota make a "long life" oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Originally Posted By: JerryBob

I have a Tacoma with the V6. It irks me that I have to change oil every 5k, even with synthetic. I wish there'd be a TSB about extending it to 7.5k or 10k. Almost thinking of switching from Mobil-1 to PYB, since it is only 5k. Sorry to hijack this thread.

It's your truck JerryBob.

I'd go M1EP with a nice Wix XP and call it good to 7,500 or 10,000 miles, your choice.

That would void the warranty.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

I have a Tacoma with the V6. It irks me that I have to change oil every 5k, even with synthetic. I wish there'd be a TSB about extending it to 7.5k or 10k. Almost thinking of switching from Mobil-1 to PYB, since it is only 5k. Sorry to hijack this thread.

It's your truck JerryBob.

I'd go M1EP with a nice Wix XP and call it good to 7,500 or 10,000 miles, your choice.

That would void the warranty.

My Toyotas had dealer oil changes until 25,000 miles. So that leaves a couple more changes 'til its your Tacoma.

So, change at 5,000 miles until the warranty expires. Then extend the OCI as you desire to fit your needs.

Simple.

M1EP and a quality filter can take care of you. But I personally like the 5,000 mile OCI to stay on top of my vehicle's needs. That's the way I roll.

That's including the Land Cruiser I own that requires the removal of a 20# steel skid plate to get to the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back