Macaroni Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this place for the good food and specials. During happy hour they have cheese or pepperoni pizzas for $5, very generous pours of house red or white wine for $3, draft beers are $3 as well(Sam Adams, Peroni etc). Then on you receipt it says if you come back within a week you get $5 off an entrée. But I've used the $5 off on a dinner salad. The other week I was there and forgot to take the receipt so she asked me if I had it. I said, no and she took the $5 off the $5 cheese pizza I had. Normally the pizzas are around $10. The salad I had that was very good was the parmesan crusted chicken salad. Complimentary warm peasant bread with olive oil and fresh ground pepper. Happy hour is everyday from 3-7pm in the bar area.

thumbsup2.gif

Very good restaurant. Whenever I have interviews for the job I usually take them there since it's close by. Casual enough, but not uptight.

Great place.

I had a Macaroni grill within walking distance of my house, but it closed down about a year ago. The food was good and the place was always busy whenever I went over for dinner, so I don't know what happened.

I swore off chain restaurants after I took some kids to Red Robin for some burgers. There is a kiosk on each table. When the bill came, I was charged an undisclosed "entertainment fee". I didn't dispute it since I was with a bunch of kids. But I didn't like how they snuck that in there.

I looked up the total annual compensation for the CEO of Red Robin, and it is nearly 4 million dollars.

No thanks - locally owned and operated for me from now on.

At Red Robin you can join their loyalty program and get a free burger and fries on your birthday. Even a grilled chicken sandwich burger. They have this one drink there with Guiness beer that they blend with soft serve vanilla ice cream and boy is it good, a Guiness Beer Shake. No strings attatched with the bday offer unlike most other places. Wow!

Originally Posted By: 46Harry
I had a Macaroni grill within walking distance of my house, but it closed down about a year ago. The food was good and the place was always busy whenever I went over for dinner, so I don't know what happened.

Just cause it was busy doesn't mean its profitable. Restaurants and franchises have huge overhead and operating costs. A few closed down here and Chick Fil A remodeled old Macaroni Grills.

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
I swore off chain restaurants after I took some kids to Red Robin for some burgers. There is a kiosk on each table. When the bill came, I was charged an undisclosed "entertainment fee". I didn't dispute it since I was with a bunch of kids. But I didn't like how they snuck that in there.

I looked up the total annual compensation for the CEO of Red Robin, and it is nearly 4 million dollars.

No thanks - locally owned and operated for me from now on.

I think this perspective is a bit once sided.

The kiosks usually have games. There is always a popup that says if you choose to play games it will be $.99 or $1.99. There are other things in there that might be free. So part of it is it WAS disclosed, but just to the person using the kiosk, and whoever was using it is just likes to press the OK button .

I think there is some discretion of where to draw the line of responsibility of said kids' actions.
There should be some common sense that the kiosk has to do SOMETHING commercial. Perhaps tired parents would assume it's just a toy to give to your kids and hand it to them without supervisio, but at most that happens just once. But that doesn't make logical sense to anybody else that it's free toy. Bring your own iPads for that.
If the kids could've also used the thing to order like drinks and desserts too or say if the waiter stopped by and asked anybody wanted a refill (that costs $) or anybody want ice cream and kids said yes, would that be considered sneaky too?

I am also sure if you brought it up, they would've waived the fee too since it was a misunderstanding. It's a bit passive aggressive to use a $1.99 fee to swear off the whole chain, if they could've waived if you just spoke up about it yet still bugs you enough to post about on the internet long after.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back