No Need For a Warm Up Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
0w20 working hard
eek.gif

That's what they like to say " but it's a dry heat". It's like sticking your head in an oven....that's dry heat also.

Going to be pretty interested in my calibers oil temps on the way home. So far I haven't seen above 210, that's probably sampled after the oil cooler though.

Same about Florida being humid.
I find MD nastier than Florida temp for temp.
At least my place in Florida has a constant breeze off the ocean even though its a good distance away.

Originally Posted By: loneryder
That's what they like to say " but it's a dry heat". It's like sticking your head in an oven....that's dry heat also.

My Regal's central readout, the display of the radio station or CD track, also shows the exterior temperature. I wish I could turn it off.

I had always called bull on the "dry heat" thing.

Until I experienced it.

I was in OK when they were having their wicked heat spell the other year. It was 105*F with no humidity. It was more comfortable (I use this word loosely) than the wonderful July/August days here in MD.

Yuck, the heat index here the other day was ~102. Felt like I was going to die over here on the east coast

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
My Regal's central readout, the display of the radio station or CD track, also shows the exterior temperature. I wish I could turn it off.

Do what Click and Clack do--piece of black electrical tape.

I say the same thing.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
100? Better get out the jackets, that's cold here!

I grew up in the Desert southwest, and experienced lots of 100°+ days, some even into the 120°+ range, but with low humidity. Having traveled as an adult domestically and abroad, and experienced 100°+ days WITH high humidity, I can tell you high humidity makes a BIG difference to ones comfort level.

The high humidity definitely makes a difference. Even in cool weather if the humidity is high you'll still sweat. 100+F and high humidity makes you feel like you're in a sauna.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The high humidity definitely makes a difference. Even in cool weather if the humidity is high you'll still sweat. 100+F and high humidity makes you feel like you're in a sauna.

Sure does.

100F IS cold, if you're a motor oil.

I'm not saying you need to warm up before starting off (that's another discussion) but assuming you did, the oil and the engine itself is "cold" until about 180F or so.

Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral

Do what Click and Clack do--piece of black electrical tape.

I've thought of that . . . but it would be in the car while it sits in the heat all day. I can imagine the gummy stuff that would remain on the screen when I finally remove the tape. No, I guess I'll just keep looking elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back